Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
I recently interviewed with the GC partners at SAM Mumbai. This was after interning there twice. The interview went well apart from me not able to answer a couple technical questions. In the end I was told that, they'll get back to me. It's been a week and I haven't heard back from them, did I tank the interview? How long do they generally take to respond?
Hey, I'm due to intern at SAM and although I don't know the answer to your question, could tell me which office this was? And which batch are you from?
I am aware about the team you interviewed for. Don’t join, get lucky.
If even after interning you couldn't answer the technical questions, God bless you.
Sirjee Partners won't be able to answer every technical question in the world. Stay humble.
Hey, I've been going through this exact feeling for the past few months as well. Interviewed at a couple of places and they haven't reached out either.
As soon as the MS Teams call was over, the interview has been replaying in my head. Over and over and over, while I try to form that perfect answer I could go for, but didn't. But as you probably realised, overanalyzing the interview isn’t going to change how it went. It’s perfectly normal to review and learn from an interviewβ€”but taking that too far can distract you from your goal of getting a job and, instead, cause a whole lot of stress and anxiety. Take the necessary steps to move past this interview, and you’ll be even stronger for the next one. Cheers, buddy! Do let us know if hear back from them.
I'm going through that right now. Interviewed last Tuesday, and they said they'd get back to me by the end of the week - lo and behold they did not. I've found that doing yoga before bed has really helped to calm my nerves a bit and recenter my focus. I'm interning in another firm, so that's been occupying my time. Good luck!
I finish the interview and then move on pretending that I didn't get the job. Regardless of how good/reputed the law firm is. It lowers my expectations. If I don't get it, oh well, push forward through more apps and interviews. If I did, then it's a surprise. There's no point thinking what could've been; what's done is done and you just have to keep going.
Yes, 1 time. Do I follow-up again? Won’t it look too desperate?
I feel you brodie, gave an internship interview recently (had a couple of technical questions), was sensing a disconnect. Turned out okay though, so as long as you know you haven't drastically fucked up you should be gucci.
Can you confirm if it was "we will get back to you" or "we will get back to you soon"? If they didn't specify soon clearly, then I am shook to brake it to you that you won't be getting that stint
Could you tell me the kind of questions that were asked? Probably 1-2 examples? I'm sure that'll help all students here.

And all the best buddy! :)
Hello Bhai/Behen,

I am going through a very similar situation. I also gave an interview at Indus for PPO very recently and feel that inspite of my good performance at the internship for a very long time and inspite of the interview going quite decent, I was told that I have an anxiety issue and this put a doubt in the partners and HR's mind. And I feel I may not get it.

But remember, this is life, just try to calm yourself down and assess your options.
Bhai/behen, jinko job/ppo/placement milgaya woh ab khush hai but within 3 months of joining due to the inherent law firm culture, they will be very unhappy and they will also be panicky.

Jinko ab nai mila hai, they will struggle and this will induce a lot of anxiety and pain and finally they will get it somewhere and try to climb the ladder.

But remember in the end, the final destination the so called tier 1/2 law firms are all the same toxic and anxiety inducing. You will experience it at every stage and get saturated.

All this ppo job interview is a short term thing. But, remember these things will not matter in the long term, kitni bhi hekdi maar lo, sabko mitti me hi jaana hai.
But I have to really appreciate the Hr and the partner for their empathetic behavior and such a kind attitude and such positivity with which they conduct themselves
Which team in indus tho? Is cm hiring? I am from the 2026 batch interning there by the end of year.
I hope you get the job.
I would be very grateful if you could please share the questions which were asked to you. It would help us prepare.