Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
We have seen a lot of opposition to the reopening of colleges on LI threads. So, a question to those opposing the reopening, when do you think it's alright for campuses to reopen? Do you all want to continue online classes till perpetuity?

My view - If no signs of 3rd wave, the reopening in January would be fine
As said by someone else too, problem esp with smaller campuses is that on a full strength, even say 500-800 people are there so a single case here and there would cause choas and havoc. IMHO can consider rotating batches for 3-4 months each because you cannot predict a third wave, and even though you might not be susceptible but you'll likely be a carrier to a welser person, last time few campuses reopened and kaboom did the wave hit us. From an administrative point of view, college authorities have to take the worst case scenario and not the more probable one on which including me feel were being held at homes without much to gain from and when a third wave looked nowhere close, if at all there ends up one.
Phased entry with hybrid mode is the most appropriate method at this point. Anything which forces students to risk their lives and safety should be condemned. High time we prioritize health over meeting up with our college sweethearts.
August, 2022.

Third Wave should be over. Most Indians (Including kids) would have got both vaccines. Many would have got a booster shot. Acquired herd Immunity should be achieved.

Makes sense to plan to open the next academic year. Less practical issues.
If you give LI the mandate on reopening, we will all be sitting in a dark room and never have a social life for the rest of our existence.
campus should not be opened until we're sure of efficacy of vaccines and no new covid cases. The day covid stays at 0 cases, everything should reopen.
tu ghar pe baith, bed ke neeche ghus jaa bahar mat nikalna covid ho jaaega
I think that universities should start opening in January and adopt a hybrid system.

NALSAR and NLUJ are opening in January along with some other NLUs, many private universities are already open.

If the conditions remain the same and all the precautions are taken then yes campus should be opened.

As an introvert I definitely love online classes but wouldn't want them to continue till perpetuity, I have personal reasons for the same and I think that many people will agree with me.
NUJS has also asked its students to return in phases from Jan onward.
January. That's the best time to open up campuses.
1. Vaccination will have reached a level where COVID is not a big threat, and contingencies can be managed.

2. Online classes suck.

3. Online classes suck.

4. ONLINE CLASSES SUCKKK.