Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Invest a pot-load of money in mutual funds. Withdraw them when you are 40. In most cases, you’ll be richer than a regular partner post-40 if you re-invest that into bonds. Till you’re 40 work in-house. Also, seriously consider trading options.
My partner is not accommodative, I am expected to work full time.

No sweety, your partner will make sure that you have an 8 day workday. They can't even accommodate thier husband/wives personal needs - do you think they will ever find time for you?
If you don't have any student loans, then write CLAT PG and join a PSU.

If you want to have a laid back life you can also apply for Judicial Services exams of your State, you'll have to take a pay cut tho (75k pm is the salary) and live in tier 3-4 cities sometimes.
wish I could say it gets better but it usually doesn't, especially not for corp law at tier-1 firms. or even up and coming smaller corp law firms. its a trickle down of pressure from unreasonable clients to partners to SA/PA and then ultimately to associates. Think of alternate things you'd like to do career-wise - it helps to at least explore your options. Corp law firms unfortunately aren't getting better with time (not as yet anyway!)
I wanted some serious advice on maintaining a work-life balance. I am a first-year associate at a tier-1 firm. My partners are not that accommodative. I often have a hard time balancing the personal front. There is definitely a lack of mentorship and communication. I am expected to sit 24*7 and be available even if there is no work. I am planning to switch over, but I suspect there is a place where things would be ideal. In addition, I have an anxiety disorder where even minor things become a task for me. So, I have to constantly recheck basic stuff, even then I tend to make mistakes. Has anybody got any advice on this?