Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
I hear that there are only three people from a legal background in the final Rhodes interview round-
-a policy professional from NUJS, Kolkata ( Adrija Ghosh)
-a law student from NUALS, Kochi (Ashna Dev)
and a practicing lawyer.

Any idea who all out of these secured the Rhodes?
Not really. This comment comes from a place of ignorance. Most of your laws don't just get drafted on their own. There are years of research that think tanks conduct before it where these policy workers slog it out. As a law student, the Rhodes scholarship gives you that opportunity of a superior education which you can usually use in a think tank if you really want to contribute to society.
By that logic, almost every Oxford grad should contribute? At the end, there they go to study, right? Scholarship is just a rebate.
What is the percentage of people that did so? I would place my bets on it being less than 5%. 95% do not contribute in any meaningful way to society: if you had three glasses of water in front of you with even a 66% chance that they were poison (i.e. two were poison and one was not), you would drink from neither of them.
The barest margin between "gives you the opportunity" and "they eventually will take the opportunity with both hands", yes the little chasm you see there, there folks lies are nation's plights. Ample opportunities, no convertion.
OMG, no one from the Harvard of the East won the Rhodes this year?! The Rhodes scholarship must be cancelled.
Hey!
Adrija Ghosh, my senior, has secured the Rhodes Scholarship for this time!
This was so weird. How come a student from Nujs got one and not from nlsiu?
Exactly! How did the best law school University didn't manage to secure the rhodes, something which it had monopolised over the past decades.

It's a big conspiracy but alas, do NLS kids even need rhodes, it's actually Rhodes which needs NLS.
NLSIU is not the best national law school, it is the best thing that God built ever. He specially made time for it on his Rest Day.