Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
I have an internship in Mumbai starting January 2022 in Mumbai. I am looking for economical places to stay in/ near Fort, female as well as male. I am also looking for places to stay near BKC. How is the public transport in this area?
Will I be able to find any accommodation for 10-15K/ month in these/ nearby areas?
Any help is appreciated.
Seva Niketan for males. 10 minutes by bus to Fort. Quite cheap but not luxurious.
Agreed. Food at the canteen was quite good too. Only drawback is that you need to check out and check-in every 15 days. This is from 7 years ago, not sure if thats still the policy.

Also make sure you use the washrooms early in the morning, unless the first thing you want to see in the morning is what your day in a law firm would look like.
Mate not luxurious is an understatement. They don't have electrical sockets in rooms, you have to wait downstairs in a queue to charge phones/laptops.
have stayed at YWCA blr and liked the experience hows the mumbai one?
Airbnbs have been far cheaper in the past two years, and most one/two room airbnbs offer special discounts for longer duration. I stayed in a two-room airbnb for a month-long internship at a location near a Hyd metro station and it cost me 14k.

I'm sure Mumbai would offer similar options.
I am supposed to intern at Bharucha Mumbai Nariman point in December, what would be some affordable places to live for a month which will be feasible commute wise.
Just type PG Hostels Backpackers Bed and Breakfast Fort in Google. Have personally stayed here while interning at Trilegal Fort office. Its a dorm with around 40 bunk beds. The rent is 9.5k per month with 7.5k deposit. Not too clean, but is a pretty decent stay right in Horniman Circle. The caretaker is a nice guy and tries to keep the dorm as clean as possible. Oh and they have AC- which is used from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm and then from 8.30 pm to 9.00 am.

This place is for males but I believe they have a separate accomodation for females somewhere near grant road. Please check :)

Best part is the location: Kala Ghoda is like 400 meters away, and nariman point less than 2 km.
anywhere with single occupancy? I really want some me time after work timings.
Try Lodha The Park, Worli, beautiful place. Connectivity won’t be an issue as you can easily go to BKC via sea link.
Bhai mere, economical bola usne, kaha bhejdiye tune usko. 1 lakh rent hoga The Park kaπŸ˜‚
You can find good single accommodation in this budget, not in the areas you desire though. You'll have to go towards Dahisar or Borivali on the western line, else Thane or mulund on the Central Line. It is a long commute, yes, but definitely more space, more value for money and more peaceful.
How crowded is the local train? Is it possible to take the local trains during peak office hours without hanging out of the door? Someone, please throw some light on this. I have never been to Mumbai and I don't want to hang out of the door and travel as shown in various videos on the internet.