Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
From very reliable sources: A big, game changer announcement will be made by NALSAR this week. I am not revealing it because the information was given to me in confidence.
Is NALSAR imitating NLS with a 3 year LLB lol. Or are they becoming NALSAR Institute of Technology lmao.
LOL. Everyone in college knows about it, at least seniors. It's hardly breaking news! But let's keep the suspense 😜
In fact, NALSAR planned a 3 year LLB much before Sudhir, plus a plot of land in central Hyderabad and 2 extension centres in Warangal and Nizamabad were promised by the government. All this got shelved because of the Covid chaos and drama regarding OBC reservation, then Sudhir cleverly took the idea and now NLSIU will troll NALSAR and accuse NALSAR of copying them. 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡
Amita Dhanda has pushed for a 3-year LLB since 2014. I think she and FM got the EC approval for it in 2016 or 2017. However, it never came to fruitition as a number of senior faculty members were opposed to the idea (as most of them live opposing AD).
If the EC approved it already, then how would the faculty members have stopped it from happening exactly?
I answered your question in the comment still under moderation. However, I do not think LI will publish it.
The 3 year LLB is originally Dhanda's idea, NOT Sudhir's. When Faizan makes the announcement he should make it clear that Dhanda thought of it first and not allow Sudhir to hog credit.
lol at folks claiming credit for a 3 year llb programme that preceded the nlu model to begin with.
What is the scoop? Is FM getting a third term as NALSAR Vice-Chancellor? Most faculty and students that I've spoken to seem to be in favour of continuity. NALSAR has just started a 5 year Integrated Programme in Management this year so they will need to first develop the necessary infrastructure to support that (classrooms, targeted faculty hiring). They seem to be almost done with new hostel blocks and additional halls in the dining area. It is doubtful that they will straightaway start a 3 year LL.B. in 2022. That could perhaps take another 2-3 years to materialize. Knowing FM, he will not make impulsive decisions even though sometimes he makes grand and impractical claims.
Is a third term allowed under the NALSAR Act? Some NLUs don't allow that under their parent legislation.
OP here. Apologies but the announcement got delayed. In fact the announcement is for a new VC at NALSAR and the present VC joining the TMC as a Rajya Sabha nominee.