Read 78 comments as:
Filter By
The placement statistics for MNLU came out a few days ago.

Out of 120 students in the first two batches (60 in each batch - 2020 and 2021), only 6 got placed. (Only 1 in T1 - KCO)

I really feel bad for the people who had ranks good enough to get into HNLU/RML/RGNUL and yet chose MNLU because of the coaching centre fed lies of the "next NLU Delhi".

Source: Internal placement cell document.
I think you are forgetting, most of the 6 people who got placed got a PPO only
Ye to pata hi tha hona hai, the placements are as non-existent as their campus. Kat gaya sab ka, Bombay dream jeena tha sabko
Except for HNLU there (that too marginally), RGNUL doest even have placement data and RML as we know is not too far ahead. MNLU indeed is not NLUD but considering the ranks which get it, it's not the worst option too.
HNLU Batch of 2021 had 15+ Tier 1 jobs, how is that for "marginally"? RML, RGNUL and MNLU would have to combine their batches to get that. Talk facts or don't talk at all, buddy.
Where are the placement stats? How many of those 15 are PPOs? Are they even 15 in total? What about campus placements?
Bring in transparency and then accuse... 15/150 is nothing to brag regardless.
Arey arey itne questions, sab kuch jaana hai kya "skeptic" bhai/behen? Anyway, I will answer your queries point-wise since I believe people in better-off positions should help others.

1. The placement stats will be released in due time (by the end of this year). Only NALSAR has released the stats till now, other colleges including us will follow suit soon. This is unlike RML where stats haven't been released for 8 years as there is nothing to show.

2. Yes, they are indeed fifteen in total dear Skeptic. I know it sounds believable for someone at RML but it is doable. I can give you all of their names and LinkedIn profiles if you have trust issues ;) Around half were PPOs and half were campus placements. Tum bhi PPOs le aao, who is stopping you?

3. 15/150 are Tier 1 jobs, if you know what that means. Out of those 150, only 81 were part of the RCC. Other firms that have recruited are Phoenix Legal, LKS, Spice Route, Link Legal, Dua Associates and others I can't type because of the paucity of space. You guys have 3/150 Tier 1 job, you should be doubting your college not HNLU's stats ;P

(....)
Indeed false and fake. Please check the number of PPOs offered to MNLU grads. Better than Jindal, Symbi ans Christ
How do you know how many PPOs Symbi and Christ people are getting? Their placement stats isn't released officially.
Secondly, Jindal at present places way more in absolute numbers then any tier 3 NLU like MNLU. A much smaller percentage of their batch though compared to tier one and two NLUs. MNLU is nowhere in the horizon and it's not going to be so either anytime soon regardless of PR trolls who prophesise otherwise here.
First of all, if you're calling someone's assertion fake, make sure you have strong sources that support your claim. This is taught to first years who are new to law school, not A1s. I have based my assertion upon an authentic placement cell document circulated to students.

Second of all, the number is inclusive of PPOs.

Third of all, by your logic, MNLU has more PPOs than Geeta Law College. So what? How is it relevant to NLU Mumbai not being the "next NLU Delhi"?
https://mnlumumbai.edu.in/pdf/Placement.pdf

Here is the link for the placement stats of the two batches combined. What a joke lol.
This is supposed to be be the up and coming NLU of the country? Barely any Tier 1 jobs and even those are through PPOs.

This is a wake up call for all the students putting in MNLU above places like HNLU and NLUO.
Bro leave NLUO, their CLAT ranks are very low (AIR 800-1000 range). 18-year-old party kids getting ranks between 400-600 have left established colleges like GNLU, NLIU and HNLU for this pipe dream without alumni base, infrastructure, campus and future prospects. Beach mein nikaalo ab samay graduate hone ke baad bhi.
The Batch of 2020 stats are fudged up, four people from that list with imaginary "off-campus PPOs" are on their second and third jobs. Technically they shouldn't even be on the list. Remove AZB, JSA, LKS from that and now see the absolute state of this "next NLUD". Don't even want to imagine what must be happening at the other two MNLUs if this is the condition of the flagship one.
Note: This list might not be exhaustive as I have not followed up.

Recruitment/Foreign LL.M. Stats of 2016-21 batch (First Batch; 54 Students) of MNLU Nagpur :

University of Cambridge- 1
Trilegal- 1
AZB- 1
Touchstone- 1
HSA- 1
Singh & Associates- 4
SC Clerkship- At least 2
These are good numbers. Have also heard other good things about MNLU Nagpur. It seems to be the best option after Tier 2 NLUs.
Wtf? Are you for real? How many again are PPOs? I'm sure none of these are campus recruits
I guess, apart from Singh and Associates, every other job is a PPO. Correct me if I am wrong.
Exactly my point, you can't quote PPOs and justify how a university performed.
I posted these stats in reply of comment 5.3 "...Don't even want to imagine what must be happening at the other two MNLUs...". It's obvious that Tier-1 firms are not going to have Campus Recruitment Drive in a Tier-3 NLU like NLU Nagpur. Only S&A recruited from campus (4 students). Also, I have heard that Argus Partners have recruited 2 students from the batch of 2017-22 through Campus Recruitment Drive.

In reply of Comment 5.3.2.B.1.a- When you say that "...you can't quote PPOs and justify how a university performed...", I respectfully disagree with you. Every recruitment matters in case of a Tier-3 NLU specifically where the first batch passed out only in 2021. In order to be eligible for PPO in a Tier-1, even securing an internship at these places feels like an achievement. After securing that internship we have to compete against our Tier-1 peers for securing PPO.

MNLU MUMBAI ain't any flagship of MH Gov. if you think so it's your mistake infact MNLU was not first proposed at Mumbai it was first proposed & promised at Nagpur but since the baar of BHC BOMBAY was more influential than BHC Nagpur Bar the project went to Mumbai . Though in short period of span petition were filed before BHC Nagpur bench for NLU in Nagpur the very next year ammendment was done and Nagpur got NLU. Further as to why it's not a flagship project of MH Gov. Could be inferred from the amount of funds which have been planned & allocated to NLU nagpur till date.NLU nagpur has been making it's name consistently in the annual budget of state among the three NLUs in the state. And NLU arungabad was nothing but a result of sheer appeasement of BHC ARUNGABAD BAR and the people belonging to arungabad as it's the only developed city in CENTRAL Maharashtra which is one of the least developed region of Maharashtra.

Comming to today Batch of 23 of NLU Nagpur has received two confirmed trilegal PPOs though we ain't doing that great in terms of campus placement but one was placed in intl MNC through campus placement and few more PPOs in tier 2-3 firms. Added to this our batch of 22 had secured LLM in reputed foreign uni in space law.

That's it we are humble for our great start despite being surrounded by heavyweight HNLU AND NLIU nearby our competition ain't with Mumbai in reality but these two uni.
Kian/R, please delete this thread immediately. It is false and unsubstantiated. The real figures will be released to Bar & Bench.
Tumhari University ki official website se liye hain statistics bhai. Kaha tak bhaagoge bhai? Should've done what other NLUs do when they have shit placements i.e Not release them publicly.
Also, the firms mentioned on the website of 3-4 people are their second jobs and I know it for a fact. The college has no role when people shift firms. (...) didn't start at JSA, and (...) didn't start at AZB and I am sure there are many more such names on this fake list. They jumped firms after gaining 6-8 months of work experience in non-Tier I firms. Putting them in the placement statistics of college under "off-campus PPO" is the highest level of shamelessness. People should report the admin for fudging facts blatantly that even an outsider can find out.
This is true. I worked with another one of the persons listed on the website, and I can attest to the fact that he jumped a number of firms before finally getting a traineeship after an year of work ex. It's misrepresentation to show the same as an "off-campus PPO".
Hahaha, I know who you are talking about and that is also a traineeship at LKS (Tier II at best). Imagine a law school misrepresenting facts to such an extent that 04 people from the Batch of 2020 have to be shown with imaginary "off-campus PPOs". Isse accha to Lloyd hai, kamse kam aukat to pata hai.
6.1.1.A here, I wasn't talking about the dude from LKS lol. But it sounds fun that there are so many :p
RGNUL take note, you guys publish your 5-6 placements (just one Tier I) on the website every year. Thodi to sharam kar lo. RMLNLU guys have smarter, haven't released stats since 2014 for their 2-3 Tier I placements.
No disrespect intended, but you can tell how ridiculous placement statistics of a college are when it lists "intern at a Tier 2 firm" in their placement statistics!πŸ˜‚
Also, the 2022 Batch which is set to graduate in 6 months has just two-three PPOs as of now. La*de large hue hain college aur bacchon, dono ke
Lol sirf MNLU ke jobs steal karta hai kya GLC? How come other NLUs getting jobs if GLC was getting it all xD
The only way MNLU can save it's ass in the law market is by crying in front of BCI.
Quite a good placement from what I can see. Jobs at at AZB/Trilegal/Khaitan + LLMs/Masters are Oxbridge/Northwestern/Virginia. Definitely better than HNLU for sure.
Hhahaha your AZB guy is on his second job, you are not fooling anyone. Multiple other people on that list are on their second jobs. HNLU Batch of 2022 has 07 offers from AZB, can you tell me your 2022 stats? HNLU Batch of 2021 had 06 offers from AZB, 06 offers from Khaitan along with LKS, Trilegal and S&R. You won't be able to match this even after 10 years.

Try to compete with someone in your own leagues like Amity Noida, Lloyd Law College and Indore Institute of Law. Your college is Tier III at best, NUSRL has better placements than this.
3 or 4 of them are clear PPOs. Noone gave you the authority to flex the 2-3 placememts this year. And no placements after that AZB drive, how come?
Jalli na teri jalli na? Two were PPOs out of those, tum utne to laao bhai. "No placements after AZB drive", just because you couldn't stalk on LinkedIn? No worries, you are getting schooled today. After AZB, Argus Partners, ICICI Bank, Singh & Associates, Saraf & Partners have been part of the placement process with more firms lined up that you will find in due time. I assure you, we don't fake our stats like MNLU and count second jobs as off-campus PPOs ;)

Now back to the original question, what do MNLU's 2022 stats look like? Since you know a lot about HNLU, I hope you would have some answers. Also talk to your Placement Committee, regarding the fake stats if you guys have any shame left. You have been exposed royally on Legally India.
Lol we don’t go around bragging after each and every placement. Just because you didn’t come across more placements from HNLU, doesn’t mean we didn’t have any. But still since you’re so curious, we got 1 Argus, 2 ICICI, and 8 at Singh and Associates. Khaitan took one too, that was way before AZB. Recruitments are still ongoing and this is just for 22 batch, we’ll release stats for 21 in due time.
Not that I doubt the quality of HNLU grads, but what's all this flex about Singh and Associates?
Who is flexing? The OP asked for facts and I gave them. If facts seem like flexing to you, then you are getting defensive lmap
It seems a bit odd to parade recruitment from what is arguably not a very good T2 firm either, especially considering that HNLU does get a good set of renowned firms to recruit from there anyway.
Aren't NLUO placements better than NUJS while we are at it? Hell, I would place NLUO above Harvard any day. Who cares about waterlogged hostels, no library, negligible placements, when you can study at the island of legal knowledge- NLUO.

Ok enough with the funnies. HNLU was/is/and will continue to be a better law school than NLUO fundamentally. NLUO gets two or three Tier 1 placements, on the other hand, HNLU gets fifteen plus. I don't think I need to elaborate further.
Um really? Did you even care to actually check and compare the placement stats? Or just trying to save the face by dissing it on baseless grounds. HNLU 21 batch had 12 tier 1 jobs(AZB,KCo,Trilegal), remaining ones being decent enough (S&R, Linklegal etc) to fare far better than both MNLU 2020-21 batches combined. Won’t even bother mentioning the LLM offers.

Isko diss karne ke pehle ek baar theek se placement stats dekh lena lol.
Dude SNR is as T1 as it gets. Did you just put it alongside Linklegal.
Atleast you publish your placement stats ! sad christite we have no idea in the number of placements secured through the placements committee , majority of us apply on our own with no institutional support. Welcome to a pvt law college life ugh
MNLU has better placements than Indore Institute of Law. You can flex about that.
WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU, PLACEMENTS AT KCO, CAM, SAM, AZB AND WHAT NOT
You all are behaving like rabid dogs. Calm down. Control your testosterone.
Ngl, after reading this thread I am so grateful ki drop leke CLAT and AILET ke liyeh ache sey parhlia. This college measuring contest is saddening.
Are there any specific reasons for the abysmal placement statistics at MNLU such as the impact of COVID? Is there a chance of improvement in the near future or are these poor placement figures a result of structural and administrative failures?
The Placement Statistics have been removed from the MNLU website, the link is now being shown as unavailable:
https://mnlumumbai.edu.in/pdf/Placement.pdf

Looks like the expose on LI about fudged statistics made the administration take notice and understand that they can't get away with such blatant misrepresentation. Good job guys! Proud of the LI community
A 8-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.