Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Please suggest some good capital market law firms where I can intern in. I'm a Private law college student without any tier 1 internship yet and in 4th year currently.
Try for SEBI internship programme.Recently,they have invited applications for paid internship in financial content writing.
CAM
SAM
Khaitan
Trilegal
S&R
JSA
AZB
Induslaw
DSK
Crawford Bayley
Kanga & Co.
Quillon Partners
L&L Partners / Saraf & Partners

( In no particular order)
This is not correct and misleading.

For ECM/ DCM here's where you should apply-

London- Top class diversified CM practice areas- A&O and Linklaters (Singapore handles International law advisory on Indian transactions)

India

1- IndusLaw, S&R, SAM- These are absolute Tier 1 in terms of CM and the work they do. Indus works hybrid and gives great emphasis to work life balance, it is comparable to A&O abroad. But I would say S&R CM is class apart and if you do get to intern, look nowhere else and work for them.

2- CAM, Rajani Associates, JSA, TT&A -These come at the next level. I would advise you to seriously consider Rajani due to the great learning experience under Ms. Sangeeta who is probably one of the best ECM Partners in India. I would also advise you not to try CAM, as they will kill your will to live. TT&A seems kinda shady, Id say be wary.

3- Khaitan (Manisha Shroff- Debt), SNG Partners (Debt), Crawford Bayley- Will ask you to seriously consider SNG due to the great learning experience.

The rest of the firms have a dead CM practice, do not apply unless you want to beautify your CV. Also please do not apply to LL and SP as they have all dead practices and no client is trusting them. Clients reject them, they reject you. Avoid. Also try to avoid C--.
Yash Ashar at CAM is Tier 1. Stop giving gyaan if you don't know the market.
No it is not. Nobody goes to Yash unless they cannot afford Manan, Nikhil/ Prashant, Juhi or Sangeeta
Achha - when was the last time he looked at any piece of legal work?

Werenโ€™t the Regional Practice Heads designated under him just to ensure that the partners who sign the opinions have actually seen the offer documents?
Can someone please suggest firms that specifically deal in debt transactions?
Bhai. Don't do capital markets. It's barely a legal practice and you'll be doing borderline clerical work 18 hours a day for the rest of your life before you drop dead of a heart attack at the age of 35. You'll miss everything important in life, you'll make next to no money compared to other practice area and there's very little scope for personal growth and development. I did this for 4 years before switching out to a different sector and I had to start from scratch. Please don't do this to yourself. Capital markets is a mistake.
Gold Standard - AZB, S&R, CAM, IndusLaw

Silver Standard - SAM, Trilegal, Khaitan, JSA, Saraf/L&L

Debt Specialized Teams - TT&A, SNG, ZBA

Bronze Standard - Rajani, ALMT, Wadia Ghandy, Juris Corp

Securities Regulatory Firms - Finsec, Regstreet, NDA, ELP, Juris Corp (apart from Tier 1s)
Why is this featured. AZB barely has done any cap marks work in the past few years, replace it with SAM.
Why not. You somehow incorrectly seem to imply that SAMCo has done some path breaking work.

Well โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ offer documents for shoddy companies like PayTM and MamaEarth donโ€™t count when deciding who is gold standard.

PS - Naredi & Gupta should โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ call they took in the PNBHFL fiasco. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
PayTM was one of the largest IPOs of the time. And shoddy companies, almost every company on the DRHP list is shoddy in some or the other way, which explains the long list of litigations beyond the "materiality" threshold.

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ

Also speaking of fiascos, are we gonna forget the whole Amazon thing? (Dear Moderator, this is a PUBLIC litigation and you cannot moderate this, https://www.businessinsider.in/business/ecommerce/news/the-amazon-bribery-case-in-india-is-getting-murkier-and-the-lack-of-transparency-is-not-helping/articleshow/86553927.cms)