Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
Is it only a matter of byte that some tier-1 firms were looking to permanently set up a structure to have people working remotely, in a hybrid model? Or are any of the top firms rolling out this policy? Or are all firms pouncing on the chance to call retainers back to office at the first chance they get?
LOL. Offices are already mandatorily open and the managing partner does not give a fuck about anything but media show offs! Cuts 10k from your retainer fee if you forget to fill a timesheet, even if it is a leave (There was a demise in my girlfriend's family and she had to open her laptop to put a leave for the day else she said she'd be paying a 10k fine which doubles every time).

Truly ahead of the curve this firm is!
How do ppl work at such a firm that treats lawyers so badly?10k cut,like really,on such days like a demise in family?
Well the insider scoop is that they are planning to basically convert 50% of Lower Parel and Nariman Point into hostels and have people work from there and have common areas. Permanent hybrid mode. Your work is your home. Apparently freshers find the idea quite attractive.
Ofc freshers find the idea attractive because they are inexperienced and thus dumb.once you work like this for 2 years,you realize you have no life and are basically a slave in a very-posh factory model.Your available 247365 for work,you can't say I have to go home.Next they will implement bond contracts and cash deposits to ensure people don't run away from such "hostel" model of law firm work.Soynds like the 1970s and 1980s factory mill story,na?This how it evolved.
Trylegal also had this sort of a policy atleast 10 years back when I was there, some such thing or docking from end bonus if you miss three time sheet reminders. Bit foggy to know the exact details, plus I was regular so really don't know what they did.
The comment is a little unclear. If Trilegal has such a policy it's pathetic,if CAm has such a policy it's pathetic.What are you trying to say ? It's ok because CAM is not the only one with such a villainous timesheet policy because even a "smaller platform" purportedly had it 10 YEARS BACK ? its ok for CAM to bring such terrible policies where timesheets more important than grieving for a demise in family?
Isn't there some advertising ban by Bar Council for lawyers?Is that not applicable to the law firms?At least there should be some breather on the ban for lawyers given the bragmouth press releases being allowed to law firms
A demise in family but you need to worry about your employers pettiness that if you don't enter the leave in TS that day itself who will deduct a 10K?too much.If this is true,CAM is officially the worst of the worst firms in the world.Everytime I think there's a new low there is something else that comes up.Last year they cut salaries for many and then CSS got a worli flat.Then that useless WFH policy which was all hot air.Now this,the TS not filled in time so 10K cut where employee grieving for Demise in family worries about this shit policy.Truly pathetic policies and hyper PR department are what seem to define CAM.
Why am I getting downvoted? CAM's website clearly states they have adopted a permanent work from home policy.

Link: https://www.cyrilshroff.com/cam-adopts-flexi-work-policy/
Have you heard about things being different on paper and in reality?
CAM runing two contradictory policies,in public it's felxi work and in private it's mandatory physical office? Is this a case of haathi ke daant dikhane ke aur etc etc or is it that the law firm is above the law ?
The reason for downvotes is the notoriety is obvious.There have been enough comments on LI on how the grand wfh policy of CAM was a sham And now it's out that physical office has been mandatory.It's pretty evident that this rather convenient conversation of looking for wfh and then this comment of CAM is the handiwork of notorious mind/s.
Because you are suspected of being a CAM retainer that started this conversation for publicity or other benefit to CAM.Its known that CAM had with much fanfare announced a WFH policy that turned out to be hogwash.
Law firms will never implement WFH unless they are compelled to do so by an external force that costs them something significant. To my mind, in-house teams should be offered the choice to employ WFH before law firms. Currently, there is little or no incentive to join an in-house team immediately after graduation. The crème de la crème of talent always gravitates toward tier 1 law firms. This preference may be due to law firms' greater salaries. However, if in-house legal teams, which are primarily responsible for compliance-related work, adopt WFH, the 8-9-10 LPA sounds realistic since I'll be saving a lot of money while maintaining my mental health in a less toxic workplace with an in-house team. In another thread, the lowest cited number for the cost of housing in Mumbai was 3.5 L, but the average was approximately 5-6 L, which is cash that can be saved. I have not included transportation and other costs associated with tier-1 cities.

This will undoubtedly encourage talent that is often poached by legal firms to pursue in-house positions. Once law firms begin to lose talent which is their most valued asset, they will have to either raise compensation or provide for WFH. Or they could do what MNCs like google and Big 4 are doing in Europe. You have the option to either work from the office or from home. If you choose to work from home, you'll get a little less than the standard pay which sounds reasonable, and the costs saved from people working from home is used to raise the pay for those who choose to work from office. Win-win for everyone imo.
why would that situation ever come? You are implicitly arguing that working in office is more productive since you are willing to pay more. Then why not make everyone come to office?
No, the issue is that WFH cannot be adopted in some areas of practice, such as dispute resolution. We have enjoyed WfH in disputes up to this point because courts have been operating online, but this may not be viable in a post-pandemic society. Additionally, many management positions may be impossible to fill in a WFH environment, since certain clients still prefer corporeal meetings. My argument is that if someone is coerced into sitting in the office, they deserve a higher wage. I am proposing an immediate solution; nevertheless, in the long term, everyone must be allowed to WfH.
Many CAMMIES are crying for WFH model because they hate the offices work culture.They didnt want to return to physical office because of the firms toxicity.The mega attrition at CAM would stop if they actually implemented their WFh policy that was announced in 2020.But I guess the firm owner likes to see all at physical office,so no WFH.CAM was the earliest firms to restart physical office.
It will not help CAMs attrition even if WFH was implemented.Even in pandemic during WFH people put in their papers,some were apparently even without jobs in hand.
Nothing can help CAM attrition until management changes, which is not gonna happen.Anyways I doubt that management cares who comes or goes,they are busy counting the moolah.They will probably just increase the number of NLU recruits.
These days the recruits are just about anyone. I've seen people from Galgotia university in the firm. I don't distinguish between NLUs and non-NLUs and I understand the elitism behind it, but seriously, Galgotias?
Is this real or fake? Pls respond in earnest. Thinking of a switch to Indus.
Aren't you very late on this conversation?A whole season back this was the discussion on LI,go back and read the conversation threads
It's only a matter of media byte for firms to go announcing a possible permanent WFH model under consideration that not only helps advertise the law firm as "AHEAD of CURVE","Industry Leader" but also puts a pause to angry employees questioning if there is any decency to their firms management that was insisting employees return "voluntarily" to office while covid cases had not decreased that much and after six months of salary cut to employees while the promoter would be out there buying expensive real estate.
Law firms, IT companies etc are all facing the problem of high attrition but it is not affecting the revenue or profitability in any way. Unless this changes I dont see employers listening to what employees want.
Any new Update regarding this ? Considering things have gotten a bit normal. Recently Pioneer annouced a Hybrid Policy . Any other firm?
I had opted for the temporary WFH remote work as per the top law firms policy. The top law firm has agreed and they are now deducting my 20% salary every month since as per the policy remuneration deduction is applicable for WFH. You can consider joining the top law firm but take your decision if you are agreeable to deductions. We all know which top law firm is this.
Not to forget that there are deduction of 10k also when you don't change your Citrix password on time.