Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Not sure which is the better private law school that you are attending in Kolkata. I do hope its better because lawfirms do look at the name of your college. Its just how it is. Since you come from a private law college and assuming it has some sort of a placement cell, this would be a good time to network with people who have secured a job with the law firms or went in-house.

1. Cognizant- Nothing there is that you can do about it. The pay is 40k/month and the role is a contracts associate (CLM). They have walk-in interview drives around August. This year it happened on the 1st of August.

2. Tata hires laterally, as much as I am aware of. Even if they do hire freshers, I guess they would vie for the graduates at NUJS. Same for Emami.

3. Accenture does hire Mumbai and Delhi. The Kolkata hiring is slower in that regard. Hopefully your year might have one.

4. Fox Corp will be looking for doling out PPOs around April 2024 (general estimate). Try securing a long term internship during that period. Preferably around February and for three months. Should greatly help your chances.

5. The pay scale in general ranges between 10k-40k. Here is how you have that figure in general. Barring KCO SAM and Argus, you have in-house paying you 40k-issh while firms like Sinha and Co. pay you 10k as a fresher. By Kolkata estimates, 25-30 would be a decent start (this figure varies wildly based on your chosen area of practice).

From what I read a while back, Hammurabi and Solomon was keen on opening offices in Kolkata. Hopefully that works out for you mate!

Also, please look out for firms that are offering remote positions.