Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I got enrolled with the Bar Council of Delhi last month. My Enrollment Certificate and I-Card will be given to me if I (a) Obtain membership of any of the bar associations in Delhi, or (b) give an undertaking that I shall obtain membership of a bar association within 2 months.

I was able to find the forms for 2 bar associations online- New Delhi and the Delhi High Court. NDBA requires a signature by 2 current NDBA members (with 5+ years standing). DHCBA requires a proposer, a seconder, and 10 other seconders!

How do I go about getting these signatures (for NDBA/DHCBA) if I do not know people in either court? What if I give the undertaking but do not take membership of a bar council?

Thanks in advance!
Also, I had two questions:

1. Is this Bar Association enrollment strictly followed for the BCD registration to be valid?

2. Are there any perks to these Bar Association memberships?
What even? None of those memberships are mandatory. Also if you just need 2 signatures for NDBA, get the same people who signed your bar council form to sign again?
I received a message from the official Bar Council of Delhi WhatsApp account (BCD Helpdesk-3) stating the above (Bar Association membership or Undertaking) as prerequisites to getting my enrolment certificate and ID card. The people who signed by BCD Application are members of different Bar Associations (Delhi has like 6-7) and not of the NDBA :(
Bar Council now requires you to be a member of a Bar Association or file an undertaking explaining to them why you don't want to be one and how you plan to take benefit of Bar Council schemes etc without membership. They are using Bar Associations for the welfare schemes now. Go the Bar Council office and ask them for the form for an opt out of bar association membership, they will give it to you, fill it and file it.
This is very helpful! I will ask for this opt-out form when I go there this week.