Read 56 comments as:
Filter By
Lawbeat and Sanya Talwar (the girl who runs it, former LiveLaw correspondent ) seems to be pushing the right-wing narrative. On her Twitter feed, she has today tweeted a statement from the RSS and declared herself to be a "liberal conservative". This is problematic on SO many levels! A law editor quoting the RSS!!! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
https://twitter.com/LegalTalwar/status/1451882019747553280

Many of her other tweets are also openly pro-BJP. Won't go into that.

Also the stories and headlines by LawBeat clearly have a RW bias. Some examples:

1. "Cursory & plain reading of speech delivered at Jamia Milia Islamia reveals it's divisive & communal lines": Delhi Court rejects Sharjeel Imam's bail

https://www.lawbeat.in/top-stories/cursory-plain-reading-speech-delivered-jamia-milia-islamia-reveals-its-divisive

Now contrast this with serious news sites like the Wire, which point out what a joke of a case this is.

2. "β€œUnclear why West Bengal would come in way of investigation, inevitably shielding the guilty”: Centre to Supreme Court, "

https://lawbeat.in/top-stories/unclear-why-west-bengal-would-come-way-investigation-inevitably-shielding-guilty-centre

This story misses so many aspects of the case. It is an issue of federalism. Also, why are similar cases in UP going uninvestigated?

I have to say, I am really shocked to see this as I always thought that LiveLaw was a good site.
Why are you giving them/ her free publicity. Literally nobody cares.
RW agenda push kare toh galat, LW agenda push kare toh sahi?

Why do you guys get so insecure when the RWs smash LWs? Both can equally smash each other, as long as the fact remains true.
Okay, first off, she's no "girl". She's a woman. Would you call Gautam Bhatia a "boy"?

Secondly, the stories you have quoted, she/the author is just quoting the Court. It is not the job of a legal updates website to provide views on the Judgment, except if it's an opinion column. For that you can always go to The Hindu, The Wire, etc.

Quote:
Also, why are similar cases in UP going uninvestigated?
How is this a shortcoming of Talwar or her website?

Quote:
I am really shocked to see this as I always thought that LiveLaw was a good site.
No matter what your opinion regarding Sanya or her website is, how is LiveLaw even remotely involved in this? She used to work there. Now she doesn't. End of story. As an aside, LiveLaw does similar clickbait-y stuff all the time. For that you can always credit them.
Sanya Talwar is an awesome journalist and entrepreneur. Those of you who want everyone to run only left liberal platforms that toes your rules are neo fascists.
Why is one's political leaning problematic? The Wire is "left-biased". So? There are "neutral" platforms. Go there.
Ah, the conspiracy theorist, staple on every LI thread. Come up with something new regarding the JFK assassination?
Sanya, if you're reading this please ignore the haters and keep going. Not only are you smart, talented and beautiful, but also very brave for going against the powerful left ecosystem and opening a website that is conservative leaning.

I wish LawBeat every success and am sure it will be among the top sites for lawyers one day.
What if they are, love-day? You are free to push an LW agenda for all I care. But then again you are a sad nobody who can only take out frustration on online anonymous portals. No worries, jalli rehni chaiye. #AayegaToModiHi

Why is this marked as trollish R? You seem like a regular Wire reader
Lol..has she only created thus thread for some "negative" publicity?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ desperate people.
@R: It seems that ever since you've taken over moderation, multiple comments with abusive language couched in different forms are being increasingly allowed on this forum. Kian never used to miss these earlier. The latest surge of "love-day" is just one of the examples. I am not trying to be puritanical here, but I honestly don't visit this forum to see abuses, whether or not they are aimed at me. This is a forum for lawyers, and they are supposed to be able to string two words together while writing without having to resort to abuses. If you wish to continue allowing these comments, then that's of course your call. Kindly confirm that, so that I can stay away from now onward in that case. I will also request you to kindly separate the law and the non-law posts here, since multiple threads in the latter category are now springing up. By legal threads I mean those pertaining to legal profession and education. Even if those are asking basic questions, I would rather go through those than face this deluge of spam everytime I visit this place. I think a considerable size of your readership currently share the same sentiment.
Fair comment. There is a thread that has been started to discuss this. My only 2 bits is that a forum that discusses only salaries and internship feedbacks and law school choices is a tad bit boring. There will not be anough people left to answer those questions. I could be completely wrong.

- R
I'm not asking you to stop approving the posts, just to separate those for the benefit of the readers who wish to visit this place for the legal bit.
What I am asking you though is to censor abuses from posts, that's the minimum that a responsible moderator can and should do. Regardless of the merit of any argument, I doubt anatomical references add any to its credit.
what a useless thread! who is sanya talwar? why waste time discussing nobodys? dearth of topic?
A 50-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
She is just a smart businesswoman. She saw a market for a RW legal news website and is cornering the space.
What's the problem here? Websites carrying legal news have a clear left-liberal bias, be it the Wire or Bar & Bench. One small website gives an alternative narrative and suddenly everyone has a problem. Now THAT is intolerance.
A 59-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I have been following Sanya since her LiveLaw days. Her political affiliations were very blatant since then. I don’t see the point of this post, whether it is to discuss her political views or her website? What is it that you have a problem with and why? Anyway, I am gleefully apolitical and care two hoots about who a person votes for. Frankly speaking, the links you have provided state what the courts/parties are saying.
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 98-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
This is the stupidest thread i have read on Li!!! As if b&b and l&l owners and editors dont have political affiliations. Do some digging, you’ll find that at least Talwar is forthright with her views.
Personally never come across a single news report witha slant on lawbeat… she may be right left or centre.. who gives a rats A$$
LawBeat is a joke and so is it's editor. Look at her coverage of the so-called Toolkit case: just parroting BJP points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQtSMNA1A1w
The only people who are jokes are those who cannot say what they need to with an identity and hide behind cloaks of anonymity to do it.
To be fair lawbeat is as honest a name as you'll get for this kind of website. Pel ke rakh do law ko.
Someone reported this thread for the following reason:

"Reason:
Directly attacks reputation, vile and defamatory content in thread without any accountability. Can push people to self harm. How are you allowing this?"

I am unsure what to do. Please help!

- R
Pretty sure the same person will become a free speech advocate as and when its suits their narrative/ ideology.
A 20-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 268-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.