Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
No two people have the same experience. Mine was good. Hope yours is better. :)
Interned a few months ago w the Gen Corp team. Had to leave midway due to some undisclosed reasons. Was clocking 10-11 hours on average which kind of messed my routine. Would suggest you to keep your phone handy as they prefer calling to mailing. In hindsight, a pretty good experience. You’ll enjoy it if you can put in the hours.
Very rarely - but do aim for it. The key is to show your team intent and having them on board.
It is okay to be honest. These tier 1 law firms just hire interns as a formality. The quality and quantity of work given is not good. I interned in the Gen Corp Team, Mumbai. There was dearth of work, did not get to learn also much. However the mentorship program for interns is way better than other law firms. My mentor was very approachable and interacted with me frequently. Interns also have to compulsory give a presentation in the end. Preparing for the presentation and giving it is a good learning exercise though it is like a monologue. I feel if you are in your fourth or final year, then joining a tier 2 law firm or a small size organisation (litigation or corporate) is better especially if you are doing an online internship. The chances of you getting to learn more are higher.