Read 52 comments as:
Filter By
Have already said before, saying it again - the matter is not at trial stage.
No. I'm saying there's no legally admissible evidence. I'm not saying that it doesn't meet the beyond reasonable doubt standard, I'm saying there's nothing at all. The things that exist are not admissible, and thus for all legal purposes, do not really exist.
"70% of the youth in India's colleges can be arrested on the exact same ground on any given day"

NLU student crowd is not a good sample size to generalise for the entire country.
The issue relates to prima facie opinion for continuing the remand. The matter has not yet reached the trial. Going by your logic, a prima facie case can never be made out unless the proof is beyond reasonable doubt.
1. Another accused has confessed of the plans to take drugs along with Aryan Khan.
2. Aryan Khan was present in the company of the accused in whose possession drugs were found.
3. Aryan Khan's whatsapp chats.

These are enough for a prima facie case.
"'Reports' of what went down in the courtroom"
Excellent!

You mean to say that the judge is shoddy? He denied bail without any reason?
Bhaiya/didi, drugs are not a culture at IIT Kgp. Drugs are taken in closed rooms. Those who take drugs do not want to be known in public that they are doing so. On my hostel floor (which had >70 residents), none took drugs.
This has become a RW/trad/BJP vs LW/woke/Congress issue. The first side thinks he is as bad as Osama Bin Laden, the second side thinks he is an angel like Mother Teresa.

There is no room for middle ground and logic in today's world. Both wokes and trads need to chill.
Trial abhi shuru hai nahiin hai, chargesheet file huyi nahiin hai... Vakeel sahab abhi se burden of proof not being discharged ki baat kar rahe hein aur wo bhi media reports par based.
Arnab Goswami se vakalat seekhi hai kya?
Lawyers point that out in court room after looking at all the facts and not jumpin the gun based on media reports.
A 29-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
So does the organisation that he works for. Just like most central organisations.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
As a lawyer, hopefully yes, I am supposed to be pointing out when the prosecution aren't discharging the burden of proof. You are clearly not up to the task yet.
Bhai kya pooch liya, law school wale apne charai bhai se gaddari nahi karenge. We are in this together.
IIT Kgp trained lawyer here... some students take drugs but its not a culture there... its done in secrecy
Mundra bust was done by dri and now probe is under Nia, already 10+ arrests

NCB arrested others too but they aren't famous as this kids, news org are trp hungry and Bollywood is also built on trp. Nobody is losing anything except fanboys.
No drug culture in the IITs? What would you know about that, since you haven't ever been inside one?
Left liberals will prefer it if the courts don't forget of bail being a matter of right beyond a point for the accused in every case. RWs will prefer that courts forget about that in specific cases only.
Witch hunt.

Following this logic bhakt beloved SSR would be in jail for life.
Is he going to enter Bollywood and become another nepo kid starring in silly movies foisted on the public? If yes, please keep him in prison.
Please do not equate IIT-IIM with NLUs. There is no drug culture in IIT-IIM and students there are focused on studies.
Corporate media and Bollywood portraying him as innocent. Sorry, but all are equal before the law nd no favours for rich kids.