Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
I am a A3 and have 30 Lakh liquid assets. Don't see how I couldn't buy an entry level Mercedes by the time I become a partner.

Is it wise? Absolutely not.
Will I? No.
Buy an i10. Save your money. Buy a villa somewhere and get out of the race.
But my parents have already willed their villa to me.

Why should I buy another one?
Then please save up to go to Mars unless you have a plot and ticket to there already to your name.
Why so salty, though?

Why can't reasonably well-off people with villas do law?
Lmao.

A Mercedes C class costs about 55 lakhs on-road.
15 lakhs down-payment, and your emi is 91 thousand (5 years), or 71 thousand (7 years).

Even an SA 2 can manage that.

Also AUDI >>>>>>>>>>> Mercedes
I bought a Volvo XC40at that stage of my career without having to make such noise🀷
There is no law that bars buying a merc. You just cannot advertise.
Very easily but would it be a prudent decision? No.

I don't feel even a T1 law firm partner should buy a mercedes because, depending on his experience, it would end up costing him 25-60% of his annual salary. Ofc this is not true for the rainmakers and the partners who make 5 cr+
costing him 25-60% of his annual salary

I thought having a car less than your 10 months salary was considered an embarrassment.
Replying to the wrong post?

Because my post didn't even have the word "heard" in it.
Why buy a Merc in India? The roads are terrible and crowded. Better to spend 30 lakhs on holidays abroad and drive a rented Merc/Ferrari on the roads there. You can upload the photos on Insta if you want to show off.
There's a huge difference between a Merc and a Ferrari.

A Merc just lets you have a more comfortable ride despite the terrible roads. A Ferrari would scrape on the terrible roads, and already has a bad ride quality.
My bimmer scrapes speed breakers all the time - it is definitely a better ride tho.
Merc has the same ground clearance as any other common swadeshi car. So it's a more comfortable way to travel.

Your argument is true for sports cars.
What's the point of buying Mercedes and parking at your firm's parking lot from 10 to 10?
Consider investing 5 lacs each in Tata Motors & Tata Power. Merc is guaranteed in 2026.
Ye kaise ameer convo mein tapak gaya mai. Mere toh Hero Splendor ke bhi wande hain
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.