Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
How do A0s at t1 and t2 strike a balance bw their professional and personal lives? I believe most guys would have already lost their non law girlfriends due to the demanding law firm jobs.
Quote:
I believe most guys would have already lost their non law girlfriends due to the demanding law firm jobs.
Assuming that they ever had one.
All these A0s and A1s about to attend office physically for the first time, coupled with the festive spirits, have got their hopes high with regard to office romance, hookups, etc. Once they have been at office, they'll realize what these places are actually like and get the shock of their lives.
Don't get into a relationship with a colleague at your law firm. If things go sour it's highly likely that you will even be facing sexual harassment inquiry - Especially if you are a guy.

Most of the freshers won't survive more than 2 years; (and if you are a guy) , the moment you leave your well paying firm job for something less, be assured that your girlfriend will leave you - for an MD/IIM Guy. It will be a professional and personal downfall at a time. If you are a girl, getting into a relationship can wreak a havoc on your career - you will be 'gracefully asked to go in house by your boyfriend' and any baby plans before 30s can erode your way to partnership.

Let's say you are in the same team - one of you have to be removed as romantic partners are not allowed to work together, appraise or report to each other. And if you have a breakup, it will be tough to face each other at work from next day.

Certain firms don't even allow couples to be in the same firm to avoid these issues.
Why the sympathy!? I think that's some pretty pragmatic observations (at least statistically speaking).
Meh, if my significant other leaves me because I switched to a lower paying job: good riddance.
Have so many couple getting married in law firms. Just dont understand the negativity on Li.
What has happened to them?

Women - Most of them switched to in-house roles.

Getting into a relationship also means your biological instincts for a baby will kick in - any baby before 33 is not good for your career. Many successful law firm women even have kids at 40's. Avg Couple has 2 kids; Each Kid = 1 year wasted. Even the most 'feminist' guy asks his gf to quit the firm life.

(But be beware that pregnancy after 33-35 is inherently risky for the mother and baby - chances of down syndrome, other diseases rapidly shoot it)

Have seen many guys who have been hit with sexual harassment complaints once they broke up with exes. Worst? Even Section - 375 (Pretext of Marriage Cases) which is considered as rape even thou it's consensual.

Most guys in these firms have the option of marrying someone with a better, stable work-profiles (9 - 5 * 5 day jobs) They have enough resources (read money) to sustain such marriages; Chances of Divorce, Displeasure and Breakups are less when Guy's marry someone outside Law Firms or Consulting. Atleast there will be someone at home for kids - if needed.

So why go for someone with a 9-9-7 work profile and mess up thier careers as well.......?

These relationships are mutually destructive - it's good as a hookup. Not as a long term commitment.
You are seriously overestimating the money doctors and IIM grads earn .
@R

Before you start censoring posts. Study Indian Laws. Rather than marking the same as toxic or misogynistic.