Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
I thought the single biggest contribution of CAM is the introduction of the Sangeet!
I think these are all feel good designations that don't get on-par treatment with the designations within the traditional hierarchy.Chances of these designations being on the lower pay side of the comparable experience designation is also there.
Also add:

1. Partner Designate
2. Principal Associate Designate
3. Senior Associate Designate
4. Associate Designate (ok I am kidding here)
4. Director Designate
6. Mouthful of BD, PR and HR roles

Intern Designate is still missing
No 1 can simplify the ranks because they are created as per whims and fancy of management.Dont think any1 can provide all details of how the titles for into the hierarchy
The single largest contribution the Amarchands had to Indian law firm sector was the introduction of the β€˜designate’ title. What a master stroke!!!
Even before the pandemic,there used to be a lot of issues exposed by retainers about CAM on LI.
LI has reported some news about CAM but I have heard even worse experiences.Its not like other firms are perfect but the stories heard about there aren't so bad.Smaller platforms indeed do seem much better.
Are you CAM PR?or employee?oh wait,maybe the HR who cannot offer any explanation for some of these ridiculous title or even for that salary cut last year.CAM bashing happens because CAM thinks and treats retainers as disposables.Cant blame the retainers.
Are you suggesting that a person who is smart enough to have risen through the CAM hierarchy andbecome a PA, has no idea that the the title or rank s "ornamental only" before it's too late? Mighty presumptuous of you, no?
I disagree. Check out the Trilegal and KCO. You'll find directors there as well.
Law firms are already very toxic , but CAM takes the cake for being the worst one .
As I understand, CAM has positions such as Consultant, Senior Consultant, Director etc which I haven't heard of in other firms. Could someone explain what each mean and where it falls within the usual hierarchy in other firms?