Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
I'm interested in knowing that if I excel in my profession and be at the apex of it, would I be able to afford extravagances like buying sports cars or living a lavish life? Obviously I'm not talking about careers in Judiciary or Academia.
NO! None of the slaves can afford Lamborghini, no matter how upward you rank in the order of slaves.
What I have seen, it’s usually the senior advocates practising at high court and Supreme Court having such lifestyle. Mind you they are probably 10% of the profession.
A lot of lawyers earn enough to afford a 5 cr car

the thing is that such opulence in Indian legal circles, or in any circles in India at all, is not appreciated

You don't want to paint a target on your back - socially, politically, economically

Merc, Audi - ok

porche, ferrari, lambo - not ok

Only builders or children of second gen industrialists buy such cars
The top senior in Del/Mumbai can buy more than one lambo. Infact, they can easily buy a lambo every month and still will have lots of money left to buy properties everywhere.
Even rainmakers at ITAT,NCLAT MAKE MEGA BUCKS AND CAN EASILY AFFORD TOP NOTCH LUXURY CARS.
You don't know the right vakeels then. The ones I know are absurdly rich and they practice in these areas
If you earn in crores and still cutely decide to not pay your interns, then I am hopeful you'll be close to a sportscar.
In US and a few first world nations ? Yes
In India ? Nah
Besides what's the point owning a lambo in India
If you become a senior advocate with a good practice. You can. At a law firm, maybe try either creating one or moving to one in the us. Even there you’ll have to become a equity partner and then you can.
Lambo starts from 3Cr+. A 15 PQE Partner can/has saved only 4-5Cr. Would you spend a significant amount of your life savings for a depreciating asset?
Fly to Italy and rent one for few days. I'm not convinced driving sports cars with low ground clearance is enjoyable at all in India
MP of a NOIDA law firm used to own a ferrari, one 7-series and many more such toys! Unfortunately, the partners and associates were extremely poor as they had to remain unpaid for several months!
A Lamborghini is peanuts for a Big 7 partner, especially if married to another Big 7 partner. But as Indian roads are not conducive to sports cars most people settle for a premium Sedan instead (for 80 lakhs or so) and spend the difference of 2 cr on buying property, luxury watches, foreign holidays, club memberships etc.
How is it peanuts? Or do you mean for a senior equity partner? What is the salary range of an equity partner which enables him/ her to buy this. Because it has to be a lot to buy a 4cr car.
Which premium Sedan is available for 80L now a days 🫣🫣🫣 even the C class crosses the mark sir