Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
People here say bad things about CAM but Cyril bhai is the best in the market.
Nobody in their right mind would take the LIC IPO. It's millions (not thousands that you have in a typical DD) that you have to review for the legal due diligence.

The work will require at least 10-15 lawyers working on it full for 6-8 months, with 20 during peak time. So your team cannot take up other matters without literally killing your associates.

The payment, on the other hand, is for peanuts. No other law firm bid for it. Cyril must be really really really desperate!

My wishes are with the CAM cap marks associates. I think it's the right time to start looking for other opportunities. If you don't, you anyway will be in 6 months time.
Did CAM severely undercut for this mandate like they did for the first air India divestment I remember cam was willing to take 30 lakhs to do the air India deal.

I imagine this may be a similar ploy to get big deals under the belt. Good for them I guess.

Prayers to the team who will be doing this.
Nobody bid for it. CAM was the only one who undercut on an already underpaid deal.
Lets not be nasty for the sake of it. Based on public reports: "Four law firms — Crawford Bayley, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, Link Legal and Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co — had made presentations before the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) on September 24. Following presentations, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas has been selected as legal advisor for the initial public offering (IPO) of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), the official told PTI."
4 firms were there other than CAM- SAM, Link Legal and Crawford.

Though no one applied for first bid. CAM was selected in second bid.
Wishing my CAM brethren all the very best. Don't forget to purchase a life insurance policy before getting into the transaction.
Accha timepass hai, bus CAM bashing karo. For your kind information, 4 firms including SAM submitted the bid. Also, no all matters are done for money by firms, some matters are for its name, marketing value, experience.

CAM must be desperate for cap market work, haha. It is the best and biggest cap market practice in India, by a barge pole. At least appreciate where they are good.
Bhai bid milne and transaction ache se close karna are two different thing. I agree w you and I appreciate CAM for marketing.

Usne bolo Marketing course start kar le.