Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Weird to hear a 3+ PQE lawyer from Big4 IDT not being able to find a suitable role. Hopefully it works out for you bro
1 and 2 sadly Yes. 3 IDT lawyers generally leave early compared to others, not saying for LKS, ELP who are in core in tax but others like SAM, Khaitan, they go pretty early. 4 Fewer options to choose but you have big 4 so that you can jump into that.
If you're an AM, you should probably continue and push for getting to Manager level before jumping ships.

Also, what's the figure at 3+ PQE / AM?
I have give a thought about that, though I’m not sure. Plus the finances is something that really worries me.
If possible, get US LLM + NY Bar. It will make your jump to your chosen law firm much easier.
From what I have seen, indirect tax practices of the big firms regularly hire folks, including after COVID. If you're open to continuing in this practice area at a firm, might be worth applying to a few and testing the waters before deciding to make a practice area switch.
This lack of diversity in work and being branded as a tax lawyer worries me too. Looking forward to replies in this thread.