Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
No, I don't. If you're interested, then this fellow Kitces writes and speaks about this in amazing depth. I also follow a few forums where this is discussed frequently. Not on twitter.
Never worked in a Tier 1. Tier 3, 6 PQE not from Mumbai. I have managed to save exactly, 13 lakhs. Half of which are my emergency funds. Only thanks to the Pandemic. Prior to this I was at 3 lakhs.
Each kid is 5 crore in your own world if the kids have to stay in India. College fees maximum 15 lakh. And other expenses. A more than decent lifestyle will mean less than 1 crore per kid. Remember that there are no limits to extravagance.
About 3 years. First 2 years, I'd managed to save about 12L (I had about 3L in loans to pay off).

Then during WFO, I managed another 16L (full savings including tax refunds, bonus, increment arrears). Along with investment etc, it is about 35L now.
I'm an A3 (not OP) and I've saved about 35 right now. COVID helped a lot.
Just curious, assuming you work at a T1, how many years has it taken you to save 35L?
Care to provide the calculations which helped you arrive at these conclusions?
1 cr is too less. If planning:

- marry + 2 kids - 15 cr
- marry + 1 kid - 10 cr
- marry but no kids - 5 cr
- single but have dependents (parents, a slow sibling etc) - 4 cr
- single and no dependents - 2 cr
I see you have not spoken to a financial planner yet, who will make you live a satvik like because they will make you scared of the amount of money you need to live your life.

- R