Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Heard that NDA has hired 3-4 lawyers from IndusLaw's Hyderabad team including Basava Rao who is returning to NDA after a long stint at IndusLaw. Is this team going to be WFH or would there be another swanky office with all the gizmos?
Does it really matter? Law firm culture is non-existent in Hyderabad. People will recognise the lawyers by name and will have no clue about the firm. In my experience, law firms have little value in the city and the regional offices are quite disconnected and nowhere close to being as good as their counterparts in Mumbai and Delhi.
Swanky office with imported furniture and state of the art VC facilites are trademark Nishith Desai. NDA's office may sometimes not have enough advocates but it is never without these. Culture in Hyderabad notwithstanding.
Most probably it is going to be a WFH home. All the best to Basava and his team. You guys were not as valued in IndusLaw.
Basava is one of the most hardworking lawyer. He may not be very flamboyant but very few such honest workers in our profession. Too bad that Indus did not value him. But equally shocked that he has returned to NDA given that he was also not valued over there in his earlier stint.
Basava had a conversation with me in August. I hope the juniors who joined also had the privilege of knowing fully about the recent crisis at NDA.
I dont believe the juniors were aware of the risk. Otherwise why would they leave a stable firm and join a firm that doesnt even have an office in Hyderabad.
Cant say about hyderabad office but NDA's Delhi office has moved to the Hansalaya Bldg on Barakhambha Rd. Same bld where AZB has office.
https://www.barandbench.com/news/corporate/induslaw-partner-basava-rao-three-others-to-join-nishith-desai-associates

Quote:
We are looking having one of the best years in all respects including research and thought leadership and moving towards our purpose - to change the world for the better, together. NDA follows the policy of β€˜No Poaching’ though it welcomes back its alumna. All the people joining come with passion, stay with passion and when they leave for any reason they passionately remain NDA family members. It’s a purpose-driven firm that believes in shaping the future of law and being socially useful. Its entire clientele is international. It enjoys solving complex problems.
Really? Who comes up with these pearls for Mr. Desai?
What happened to Aishwarya Rao? Didn't join even after this grand welcome?
A 8-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.