Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I chose law education because law simply excited me, looking at different cases and the aura of the legal education just enticed me. I got in tier 1 NLU because I thought this is the place which would give me a good insight into legal education. But going over several threads on LI made me feel that law or corporate law simply has become uninteresting to people. People are complaining about work life balance and how work is unfulfilling etc etc. Could people advise me on what different fields and how to make a good choice to understand different fields there are going to be?
Well you've started at the right place. Appreciating fields is essential to understanding how law moves within the multidimensional space time within which law can exist. But you should also check out recent advances in Particle Law Theory which provide us with deeper insights.

But anyway, the best place to start, is to get your hands dirty. Consider accelerating a CPC and CrPC to near light speeds and have them smash into each other. Perhaps then you will get a clue?
How is a sarcastic reply going to help a seemingly innocent, curious first-year student?
My comment is mostly going to focus on the competitive exams area:

- Judiciary
1) Lower Judicial Services (Can appear just after graduation)
2) Higher Judicial Services (7 years as a practicing advocate plus have to be atleast 35 to sit for the exams)
3) From Bar to Bench (This happens via the collegium system, very opaque and people without high profile legal background almost never get elevated)

- CLAT PG
People who do well in this exam are sometimes also selected by the PSUs as Legal officer based on their rank in the exam (only the top ones)

Not recommended as career progression is slow and with the uncertain future of the PSUs.

- SEBI Legal officer (Grade A)
SEBI has their own exam and after selection one remains of probation for 2 years and then becomes a permanent employee of SEBI.
More Info: https://www.sebi.gov.in/department/human-resources-department-37/opportunity.html

Pros: Very good salary even better than what judges get in lower judiciary, most posting areas are Tier 1 and 2 cities. (especially Mumbai)

- RBI Legal Officer (Grade B)
Atleast 2 Years of experience as a full time Law Prof/Advocate/Law Officer required to sit in the exam.

Good salary, RBI has a mix of govt and corporate working structure, good postings and fast career progression.

- Assistant Prosecution Officer Exam.
Can write this exam just after graduation.
Average salary and bad career progression (not recommended)

- Judge Advocate General (Indian Army)
Very less posts (7 posts this year including men and women) one can write the exam just after graduation, very high physical standards.
Tenure: 14 Years (Short Service Commission)

A career in the army is certainly very lucrative and only a few people make it every year.

All these jobs offer very good work life balance and offer an opportunity to serve the nation.
Of course it is, Sherlock. Literally everyone else who read this could figure it out. You want some prize for figuring out the most obvious thing?

And in any case, how does it matter?
There are two broad fields

One where you are underpaid and the other where you are decently paid but treated as slave.

Go ahead, downvote this.
Local laws include:

Sheela(w)

Leela(w)
Manjula(w)

Akhila(w)

Mala(w)

International laws include

Angela(w)

Shakila(w)

Pamella(w)

Estella(w)