Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Hello everyone I've been allotted Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), IPU Delhi and was wondering if you all can give me a review of it? This was my 2nd attempt at clat which i obviously failed miserably. Should I try one last time while in college? I really think I should...

I've talked to the seniors there and they've told me some of the faculty are very good, the campus is nice, near Rohini Court.... But no companies visit campus and placement cell is also not that good and we basically have to get internships and jobs all by ourselves.

I didn't keep other private colleges as backup due to the high fees and also being from Delhi VIPS is close too.

Thank you any help is appreciated! :)
Unfortunately, joining the same, although, I am not from Delhi. VIPS is okayish. Venkata Rao is the VC now so I expect it to do better. I will take the exam again next year as I wasn't given a proper chance to take it - I lost somewhere around 20-25 minutes, because of the shitty invigilator. And other private colleges are way too out of budget.

Rohini Court. Don't you watch the news or read the newspaper? Pow Pow Pow.

The faculty is good. It's in Delhi, so I believe they'll invite some practicing advocates too.

Student quality is Meh. Heavy Domicile. Although, some are doing exceptionally well. You have to be a little specific with your friend circle.

Placement is nearly zero. I have heard that is more focused on judiciary and litigation. Where that is the cause or the effect that is a bit difficult to infer. Although, some do get placed at Big Law firms.

Finally, If you're serious then we can prepare together.
"Placement is nearly zero. I have heard that is more focused on judiciary and litigation. Where that is the cause or the effect that is a bit difficult to infer. Although, some do get placed at Big Law firms."

Remember this verbatim used in an former post about RGNUL. VIPS students will make good lawyers I hope.
RG still isn't performing remotely well in placements, considering the fact that it's considered in the top 10 NLUs and all.
Often their statistics are so bad that they don't even publish it. People who have made it to prestigious positions from RG have largely done it on their own, but the Top 10 NLU tag has certainly helped.

Colleges like VIPS don't have that luxury either. I don't see how your patronising makes any logical sense.
After reading so many instances of dumb invigilators who suck time, I've developed a fear of getting one myself. What would you do if in your next attempt there is another dumb invigilator? I mean what should be the course of action, should you protest against it risking cancellation of your paper or sit quietly seeing your dreams burn as you proceed? (R it's a genuine question, please allow it or answer it if you know the course of action against it)
Despite the recent events the proximity to the court is still an advantage, no? The only problem i see in students is the batch size which can degrade the overall quality.

I'm still unsure about giving clat again as I've already written it twice...
Hi OP & OP's provisional classmate in comments,
Just wanted to let you guys knows that I have somewhat similar journey till now as OP's.
This was my second attempt and I did manage to get into a remotely situated Tier 3 NLU but decided to leave it for USLLS, the main campus of IP. ( not withstanding what others say, I think it is too early to comment on how sound my decision was)
Ever since the results were announced, I have been thinking about giving CLAT another attempt. I genuinely feel I deserve better and I do not want to graduate from a low/mid tier college & struggle afterwards in the already saturated legal market. ( I'm a first gen lawyer in making)
At first, I was kind of skeptical of this decision, but I have been contemplating this for quite a period now and have concluded that my desire to sit again for CLAT is based on my own sound reasoning & expectations from my future rather than complete wishful thinking and diminished ego after the result.
My answer deviates from OP's question but I was just wondering if anyone of you do decide to prepare, hmu maybe?
Also please use your own discretion if you're deciding to reappear for the exam, because I am as confused & clueless as you guys, if not more, so like don't feel super excited after reading this comment and make a decision in haste.
Thankyou!
You won't survive in this "saturated market" from a tier 3 NLU or a mediocre college if you have the skills and the grit needed, you won't get into your desired top college in your nth attempt if you don't have the grit and the skills needed.

It's a riddle, to be solved by your brain which is shaped by social perceptions and legally India threads.
please do yourself a favour and enroll in another private college. even freaking amity but not VIPS. with the money they take, they give you NOTHING in return. we dont have access to freaking jstor or manupatra, no library access, no extra reading. go only if you want a degree and learn work outside.
Hmmm are you in VIPS too? I yaked to some other seniors they said there are 2 libraries for law alone now and the collection is good too?

Can't join Amity, also isn't vips on cheaper side compared to other pvt law colleges??
Can you please also elaborate on the faculty, the crowd- are people serious or are there just for fun? How is the administration? Is getting placed just a fantasy?
Could you further elaborate? Due to some issues, I'm not being allowed to go to T3 NLUs. VIPS is the only option left. Is it that bad? Non-Delhi here, it would be expensive for me, because of accommodation and food on top of the hefty fee - 10-12L. What should I do? I feeling extremely low - have never felt something like this before. It's HORRIBLY bad.

I wanna cry so bad.
Fee at VIPS is 1.1L per annum,for a private college it's relatively cheap many NLUs charge way more. Also which T3 are you getting?
DBRANLU, HPNLU, MNLU-A

Yes, fee is modest, but accommodation and food isn't cheap in Delhi.
Hey!
Try for MNLU-N in their vacancies. It's going to turn out to be better than the lot.
DBRANLU, HPNLU, MNLU-A

Yes, fee is modest, but accommodation and food isn't in Delhi.

Is it worth 10-12 L?

Some said that the crowd isn't serious - probably due to the low cutoff. I feel like dying 😔
The crowd oart is somewhat true. I talked to some seniors and they said many are like Amity and Sharda type who are just there for the degree and have a good college life. But many are there who study seriously
If you get a seat in any of the three NLU mentioned, you must go there.

An NLU in Shimla, Aurangabad or even Sonipat is much better than VIPS or Amity.
Well being a student of IPU i ll say its an another arena for rat race. Indeed it is a life saver for average students as the entrance exam in my many courses mostly accomodate every student writing the exam , you ll atleast get a college affiliated by ggsipu if not the main campus . IPU offers a lot of courses which is the only beauty of it. The exams in ipu are not checked on your knowledge but on the no of sheets you fill in the exam. Ipu has one main campus which is in dwarka and other colleges are affiliated by it which means other colleges has to work on the guidelines based set by GGSIPU . Teachers in ipu only emphasize in completing the syllabus and most of the colleges appoint professor s who dont even have a single year of teaching experience. They say that a little learning is a dangerous thing. Ipu mainly offers professional courses and what good is that knowledge when we have no idea how to apply it. I guess this the main reason why people have degrees these days and still they are unemployed . People crave for getting marks rather than working on their passion and our education system is responsible for it. I am a law student from ipu and i have no intentions to diss my college but yes i hate the procedure of teaching and i absolutely hate this rat race of getting marks because it accomplish nothing . you dont ask your doctor how many marks he got in his final year , you visit him because of his knowledge and skills. The art of developing the skills is not there in ipu and many other colleges of india . our education system is a huge catastrophe.

If you my review on ipu , surely you can join it but you college classes wont suffice, you have to enroll in seminars and other activities to enhance your skills .

Thankyou for reading , if you have any other quarries you can inbox me. Thanks again ciao. For more detail, you can [https://www.helplinehub.org/indraprastha-university-contact-number/ contact IP university].