Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Hello strangers on the internet,
I am 20, gave CLAT 2021 and have gotten into NALSAR.
Thing is, I am already enrolled in IP University ( 3rd semester ) and before there, I was in Delhi University for one year pursuing BA which I left after 1 year to join law school.

As you may infer, I am not exactly the most decisive person you'll meet and right now, I don't know what to do either. Should I take admission in NALSAR and be 2 years behind my high school contemporaries, or should I continue with my current college, University of Law and Legal Studies.

If I go to NALSAR, would starting at 20 & graduating at 25 be a odd? ( I mean I am already in NALSAR, should I withdraw is the question )

Thoughts?
I started law school at 20 and graduated at 25. Didn't regret the decision over. Never found it to pose any obstacle career-wise either. Worked in law firms, in-house both. Academics too occasionally. Go for it without second thoughts. NALSAR is a fine place to get your legal education from.
Continue at NALSAR. Graduating at 25 won't matter in the long term.
Have you already enrolled in NALSAR and paid the fees as well? It would seem from your post that the answer is yes. That means you already know in your heart the right thing to do and paid money also. Going back would be a waste of money and a huge opportunity. I assume your move from DU to IP was made on the same basis..i.e..to increase your job opportunities.

So if job opportunities is what you are actually looking for then stay at NALSAR. If you have a family name in litigation, and just want to do that in future NALSAR will not make any difference. If you want to sit for any government exams then again NALSAR will not make any difference. But if it is corporate placement and fat salary that you are looking for then make no mistake...NALSAR>>>>>>>IP University.

I believe a NALSAR alum who dropped 2-3 years has already beautifully answered your age related doubts here https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/186775-Switched-college-late-to-Nalsar-from-Christ-will-grad-at-27-Did-I-mess-up-

All the best. The fact that I will be two years behind my high school batchmates is the most ridiculous argument ever. It is where you end up that matters in life. I graduated from an average law school and no big 6/or corp recruiter ever came for placements. Though I am doing decently after 6 years PQE and can now easily join a Tier 1 law firm if I want to. But had I been from NLS or NALSAR I would have that opportunity at day zero. So suit yourself what is better a two year drop or a 6 year struggle? Who is better...someone who never dropped a year yet struggling for a decent paying job (or unemployed) after two years of graduation or someone who dropped two years but working in one of the big law firms of India?? Who is better..someone who did just a BA because he couldn't get through CLAT and didn't want to drop a year and now unemployed or someone who dropped a year for CLAT and got placed at day zero?? Everyone is in their time zone. You be in yours. Plus you get a name tag that would stay with you for life. If it was for a masters course I would have said don't waste your time because no big 6 cares about a NALSAR LLM...but this is BA LLB and big 6/corporates would easily recruit you from NALSAR even if you are not in top 20. Choose wisely.
Lol if you’re already there why would you withdraw? The only thing I can say is that you’re starting off well behind people in your class. You’re likely to be more mature so use it and make up for all the last years. Top the class and do everything. No point in just being a mediocre student after investing so much.
If you stay where you are now, it will be like giving up Yale Law School to stay in the University Unknown of Going Nowhere. So for the love of god, please do join NALSAR. You'll thank me later.
A 11-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
You won't give a damn about your high school pals when you graduate from the freaking NALSAR University of Law.
Bro just focus on your acads at NALSAR, even if you graduate at 25 you would be graduating as a NALSAR LL.B! The opportunities of that NALSAR tag would easily compensate for your 2 years of lag (I don't think you should be concerned anyway). You would easily get a well paid job after your NALSAR LL.B, this wouldn't be a case with most institutes in the country.
Just remember what did you expect when you gave CLAT for the 2nd time even after being at IP.

You must be wanting a Tier 1 law school for sure and NALSAR is one. You got what you wanted.

So, in my opinion, continue at NALSAR and don't look back at IP.
There is absolutely nothing weird or abnormal about it, take it from me. I dropped twice to get into NALSAR. In the first year, got lower NLUs even after a lot of preparation, so the natural course for me would have been to get into a private college but was determined to get into the top law schools, come the second year, I got into NALSAR. And I was 20 when I attempted CLAT second time and I seriously think that I made a sound decision. No one here gives a shit about your age or where you were before or how many attempts it took you to get into the institute, besides why is it odd to graduate at the age of 25? By and large people graduate when they are 23 or 24, what's bizarre about taking a year or two year! You are getting a bigger platform( a great brand value), better opportunities, better infrastructure, best placements among many other things, I see no reason to be ambivalent about it just because you would be "2 years behind your high school contemporaries." In addition to all of this, you are more well read or say more acclimatized to the curriculum than your peers are, giving you a rather good head start.
Go to NALSAR, don't even think about anything else. Even if you have gotten NLIU, I would have said the same. T1 NLUS are worth it, 2 years gap hardly make a difference.
What kinda question is this would rather be at a second or third tier private university and post graduation, bear the consequences of being from an average college, or would rather be 25 when you graduate (which is just one or two years than the norm) and get by much better in terms of jobs and etc.

From what I know, in the NALSAR'26 batch, there are already a couple of students that will be 25 when the graduate, others about 24 when they do. Somebody even mentioned about being 27 and graduating, if they can do it why cant you?
Two year drops are on the rise and my man/woman is trying to give up what other people want. How different are humans?