Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
How is the Young India Fellowship by Ashoka? I saw somewhere that they are accepting applications for 2022-2023 cohort. I am graduating in 2022 and was wondering if a law graduate can benefit from it in the long run. I don't have my mind set on anything for now and I am willing to try new stuff. I just have this one goal of doing my masters from a goof foreign university in maybe a couple of years. Can anyone say if YIF is worth it?
It totally depends on which college you're from. If you're already from a good law college which had a vibrant student experience, a debating culture and academic reading, YIF wouldn't do much good.

It's essentially a debator's club or jurisprudence classes - with lots of engaging activities and getting to relive college again. Whether it's worth 5-7 lacs for another year of college - is a question only you can decide. If you're really confused in life, have money to spend - you may consider it.

Again, getting into YIF isn't very difficult if you're from a good college.
Did the fellowship in 2012-2013. Largely agree with the above comment. Re-experienced a good college life on account of not experiencing it earlier. But that year, they had offered full scholarships to everyone who applied and it was a great great holistic experience. Would not recommend it for the amount that you have to pay now unless you feel that the education was not worth it and you do want to experience diverse subjects.
Agree with both the comments, I would rather do a 1 Year LLM from the Top NLUs or JGLS.