Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Try Ashoka or Jindal. Work two years and then take up a policy position in a MNC. Buckets of money plus academic life
4 to 6 years of work experience in India is good. Atleast you will get a position in an 'India' desk at a Foreign firm.
In areas like Capital Markets and B&F it kinda is important for a lawyer to have some Indian experience before moving on to a US firm. Specially CM if you've worked on 144A during your time in India.
India experience is not valid for US firms, dont know re UK. So if you have 4 v. 1 year exp. in India, same boat. It's difficult but doable.
Most of threads here are lawyers crying and whining. Don't shut off a productive thread.
I have had plenty with llms from top foreign universities even nlu grads asking me for jobs. Still don't have anything substantial.
I think that it does. Look at the thought process of the three Harvard LLM's -- R. Nariman, D. Chandrachud and Pinky Anand. They have a very methodical way of approaching each case. I have not seen that way of thinking in others.
There are like a dozen of threads on this particular topic, aren't they enough for you mate?
Indian law firms do not care about LLMs. However, for people who have done their LLB from a lesser known place, a foreign LLM can open tier one law firm doors.
Does completion of an LLM (from universities in the US / EU) have a major value add from a role / level in a law firm and salary perspective in Indian law firms?
How easy / hard is it to get placed with law firms abroad if you do have 4+ years work ex?