Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
So as I understand pay at these LPO’s is relatively quite lower compared to retainer fees paid at Tier-1.

For vertical like immigration of UK/Canada/US, after spending 4 years can someone switch to a Tier-1 and if so which teams.

Please advise
I'm sorry but that's a bit too snobby a comment. Have you worked with any Big4s to make such a comment
But now that she in a law firm, I expected her reply to be totally different.
OK PJ! We believe you because you keep switching between the Big4 and law firm worlds.
No self respecting lawyer should work with such type of chamber or offices that underpay their employee and do not respect irrespective of paying them peanuts . In short no one should join toxic places !
Trying reaching out to someone who works there through your network. All Big4s have internal referral policies.
Bump. How to apply to these places often see openings however I don't think applications through thier websites or third party job website is the most efficient way.
IDT/DT teams are best in class. But their works isn't 100% similar to law firms. They do a lot of pre litigation work and are active on all aspects.

Lawyers are nicely represented in these teams, but far behind CAs.

Litigation will never be part of the profile.
How is the Indirect and Direct Tax Practice at the Big 4 Accountancy Firms? Are the lawyers allowed to litigate on behalf of the firm's clients before tribunals and courts?
Hi,
I was in the recruiting committee of a college last year. One of these firms offered to pay around 7 LPA. While they quote a lower figure, you/RPC can negotiate and get it up to the 7-8 band I think.
A couple of years back there was a circular from BCI objecting to the Big 4 hiring lawyers, having legal arms and even providing any legal services. What happened to that circular?
They do recruit freshers, though not from campus usually. Pay is less than tier one firms, and growth is relatively slower. Freshers can expect around 9-10 lpa to start. Work hours are not too bad, seldom more than 10 hours a day and rare working weekends.
What's the scene with the CA Big 4s. Is it easy to get in the legal team? How is the work culture there typically and what's the pay like? Do they match tier 1 law firms?