Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Lately I've been way too stressed due to work pressure, deadlines, etc. Typical T1 life. What's worse is that I tend to procrastinate when I'm stressed which adds to more stress. How to deal and overcome with this feeling? Help.
Read up a bit about ADHD (and specifically in lawyers). Not suggesting that you might have it, but I can relate personally to these symptoms and the solutions suggested in those links helped a bit.
Can you share a few links with SOLUTIONS specifically over here? All I have seen is how people share their stories and experience - but no concrete solutions for the same.
Same story. To tell the truth, I never came out of it until I quit my job and took a sabbatical.
After working at these slaughter houses, I honestly feel there's nothing better than a classic 9-5 job.
I wake up with anxiety literally every morning. I'd want to quit but have no plans about what to do in the the future. Plus need the financial assistance that the firm provides.
This morning anxiety is an issue with me as well (comment 5). Literally every day!!! 8 to 10 a.m are the worst hours for me in a day...
Kahani ghar ghar ki?

And every morning before 10 is especially a struggle when you keep thinking about the amount of work you have to do on that day!!!
Its so sad that 2:00 AM is my me-time when I do what I wish to do. There should be law firm anonymous on lines of AA. Oh wait, this might be it.
Even Friday's are the worst for me - cause you always have TONS of work to do before Monday;
Add to that if things go wrong, the slightest mistake can mean a stinky email. The never ending deadlines. The everyday deadlines. And no break. During WFH phase I often started having a drink or a J to soothe myself during work. Close your eyes and deliverables are gone. That's a hope.
When I was in college, I remember thinking how in-house and PSU campus placements (day one) were lesser than the day zero law firm jobs. I want to slap my younger self for thinking that.

The "morning anxiety", "never ending deadlines, everyday deadlines" as so rightly pointed in these threads makes me shudder about the life I'm living.
Reading this during my me-time. Don’t want to sleep because as soon as I wake up it will start all over again!
Thanks guys! I'm just 4 months into my time at T1. Will it get better? Will I get accustomed to it?
You will get accustomed to it for sure, but you will always be anxious about whether this is what you want to do in this only life that you have.