Read 48 comments as:
Filter By
Agreed. Time and not building is the most scare resource! You clearly can't afford something if you're stuck paying for it for 30 years!
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_70vGUwiOkPvhlTfd74X1kzddSPUYLVtgsQ&usqp=CAU[/img]
Fair enough. But then what's the point of mentioning this in the original comment :

Quote:
Promoted to Partner only this year.
Sort of setting the context? Or just partner show off?
Uhh you do understand that people can have other sources of income? Family wealth, inheritance, investments, savings from working in another country, etc.?
don’t suit my taste, places like - Lajpat, Jangpura, Chittaranjan Park, NFC, Sukhdev Vihar, Sarita Vihar…

No we dont get the drift. What is your taste, exactly ??
I work at a T1 firm. Bought a five bedroomer in Jorbagh. I know my firm can't afford to let me go because I bring them their bread. Life is good.

and then .... I woke up!
Imagine if Paise ke lalach me Raphael stopped painting or Nietzsche became an accountant.
I don't understand as to why if it is already on other threads and hence available out there, what's stopping you from naming. Lol.
Firms paying more than SAM are rather well known. Countless threads on LI, on the names and the tradeoffs that they come with.
ATS KnightsBridge starts at ~INR 7.5 Cr. DLF Camellias starts at ~ INR 20 Cr.
This newly minted partner is perhaps with a tier 1 boutique firm that pays industry-leading comp?
Bro, for your own sake I hope that you're not laundering money like some lawyers who've been in the news for allegedly that (Gautam Khaitan) and that you are just a random troll.
Shukriya janaab. Family of lawyers se hota toh zarur karta. Paisa bhi kamana hai.
Waqeel sahab badiya cross karte aap agar corporate ki jagah waqalat ki hoti
You can get builder floors for about 4 crores in Panchsheel Park. Just the car parking for 3 cars won't be available.
If someone has made partner in a tier one firm, then it is quite possible to get a place worth 20 crores via bank loan, and pay it off over the next 30 years or so. At least mathematically.
A 72-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Slummy?

I know you're probably a troll but do yourself a favour and please try to think outside the golden cage you've trapped yourself in. The real world can be a beautiful place, if you let it in. All that glitters is not gold.
This is the first time I am hearing the word 'slummy'; I did not know an adjective like that existed. I am genuinely curious: what exactly qualifies as 'slummy advice'? Advice from peasants?
Let it rain. Let it rain. Let it rain. Those who've been on that road during monsoon will know what it is.
Between these 2, it's a no brainer. Who would want to step foot in noida or anywhere in UP. Shudder at that thought. Gurgaon golf course road on the other hand is the epitome of posh with prolific neighbours around.
As a building, ATS over DLF. But Gurgaon is going to be the next big financial hub after Mumbai and Bangalore. Property prices will skyrocket soon (they already are).
Bump - Promoted to Partner only this year. I'm split between DLF Camellias (Gurgaon) and ATS KnightsBridge (Noida). I’m told that ATS construction quality is miles ahead. That DLF homes look attractive only when new.
Where does lawyers usually stay in NCR? What's the limit for you guys to rent a place? How is Noida to stay and work in Delhi?