Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
I can't study or focus for long hours and the pressure of studies is increasing day by day and I don't know what to do because due to this I can't read anything or study or write something academic/legal. I really really need your help so please help a fellow law student out..
It is part and parcel of student life. As much as you think you’re doing now- work life will increase the burden ten fold. Try to do a little everyday. Easier to read 20 pages a day for five days than reading 100 pages on one day. The more you read the easier it becomes. Reading is a learned skill. From study groups with your friends and hold each other accountable. When you take breaks from studying step away from screens. Don’t watch Netflix - go for a walk. It’ll help somewhat with screen fatigue. If you really can’t focus on the text- it sometimes helps to have someone read it aloud to you or to read it aloud to yourself. Once you start catching up to discussions in class you will find the fun of studying also. The pay off for reading for classes/ exams is that when class happens you’re all caught up and can understand your prof and have an interesting conversation with them.
You should have come to NUJS. Nobody here cares about whether any studying is getting done or not. If we study for an hour in a day outside classes, we feel nerdy for the rest of the week.
If the standards are so bad, then NUJS does not even deserve a top 50 NIRF rank.
Maybe the students of NUJS actually learn how to learn/work smart, instead of brute force labour. Clearly the graduate outcome has not declined over the years.
which batch are you in lol and what's your gpa? there are definitely people like this at nujs, but there are people who work hard too
Calm down, kids. NUJS didn't succeed because we never studied. It succeeded because people were more than just their studies. It know it gets laxer with generations - but honest advice, don't stretch it to a point where you become so over-confident that you lose the very thing that made you good in the first place.
That point has already been reached and crossed long back. The few good faculty who are still here and the ones who left recently all are highly disappointed with student quality and lack of responsibility and effort. They don't hide that either while talking with people whom they know. I personally know at least four of them, and all have said similar stuff. Students put minuscule effort for everything these days, and admin panders to them for short term popularity. I actually asked one of those faculty to recommend a couple of students for some work. He really had a tough time coming up with people he felt could be relied upon.
Be grateful you are in NALSAR and not NLUJ, we have exams every other week and there is no choice but to study every day.
Wait what - NLUJ is having 5/4 tests every other week? Or is it 1 test per alternate week?
3 continuous assesment tests, Midterms, Projects, End terms and courtroom exercises for all subjects.
GNLU is pretty chill in terms of academics. But here, we are taught a lot of philosophy in our 1st sen.
For everyone comparing their colleges, atleast help the kid. So I'm from NLS where you'll know academics is pretty tough. I didn't come from a high class educated society or tier 1/2 city. Want great at studies too. I just studied a few days before exams. Never got a back, but managed my way through as an average person. I'm an A0 at a tier 1 firm right now. Don't worry, studies is not everything. Just manage your way through being an average person with a decent extra curricular and internships. You'll be fine. Good you're at nalsar, it's way easier for you. So good luck, you'll do good
Not very great advice. Somehow landing a law firm job isn't the point of legal education. Especially when firms in India don't really need much from A0s other than decent English knowledge, ability to handle research databases, and slogging 14 hours every day comparing documents. One should not neglect studies while in law school, that's the most time they will ever get in life. Co curricular work is important, but not at the cost of actual studies.
What I wouldn't give to go back to studying in college.

I realised the privileges of college once I started working 16 hours for 7 days a week doing mind numbing work. And I used to think having a project submission on the same day as a viva was stressful and unfair of the faculty!
I actually remember more than one faculty member telling us throughout the five years that we must learn to manage our workload better and more efficiently instead of relying on the easily available extensions and multiple shots at exams. Otherwise we will be in trouble once we actually start working, because the world outside won't be as forgiving or benevolent. I did not join a law firm, but opted for litigation. I still need to put in approx 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. I have managed to make it work eventually, but I understand now where they were coming from. One need not sit in front of books 10 hours a day while at the university, but being about to manage workload and multiple responsibilities is actually adulting 101. Law school can teach us that if we allow it to.
What we have in 3 MONTHS:- 6 Research Paper Submission (which are thoroughly checked), 18 Assessment tests, and then Final Term Exam and in between, topic approval, synopsis submission, 100-200 page readings in every subject (per week). If you would have been at NLUJ, you would have not been asking these questions even.
Dude, you are now losing track of which place you are trying to troll by taking on a fake persona. Make up your mind, since your handle says one and your comment another. It's difficult to get even competent trolls these days, sheesh!
Not sure how to help you with this semester's workload now that you already must be in the middle of dealing with too much, so just try to get this done with.

For the next semester, start with paying attention and taking notes during all classes, if you don't already do that. Spend a couple of hours to prepare for classes the next day, doing your readings etc. In addition, spend a couple of hours everyday working on your projects. You will have to keep adding time for any extra-curriculars the same way from the beginning itself.

You don't necessarily need to find too much additional time to write academic papers that can be published. Some courses and professors are open enough to let you pick a topic for your project that you can also edit a bit later and submit to publications.

Start slow. Don't try to do too many things at the same time. 5 years is a lot of time for you to try involving yourself in quite a few different things.
Why does every thread become NLU X vs NLU Y?
What do you get by defending your NLU with so much passion, do you win any election? Do recruiters conduct annual recruitment ranking tables? Do u get a higher NLU bonus? Are you directly sent to the finals in moots? after all it's your hard work in the end (IN THE LONG RUN, logically rethink before hitting that downvote)
ya it actually seems bizarre given the top 500 ranks was among and between it just a matter of pure luck and depended how good or pathetic the center was
Some people do it here like they are pleasuring themselves and getting a similar kick out of it.
A 39-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.