Read 95 comments as:
Filter By
I'm sure he atleast had met her in person before proclaiming his love for her
I think this is ideal. I would do this if I were in your place. This is the perfect way to get a sense of what she's feeling without making her uncomfortable.
A 40-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
How about joke about this thread with colleagues in her presence and gauge her reaction? :D
A 5-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Is sounds like clear case of POSH in making. Stop this filmy crap and get real- focus on work and do it well. If you truly like this senior the best you can do is reduce her work stress!
He may not be invited to the same parties that she may attend, if at all. They just work together at a law firm, not Jack and Rose from titanic
Lol! She's a real human, not a smurf! Remember a couple of things: 1. law firm SAs aren't naive enough to fall for uncle giving movie tickets/ meal vouchers nonsense, 2. You please do a favour to humanity and don't offer your advice to anyone, ever. Just keep them to yourself
Summary of comments here:

Gen X: Completely avoid her.
Gen Y: Mixed feelings.
Gen Z: "Head to toe so player!"

Fall in love as a student - beta pehle padhai kar lo, naukri mil jaye tab ye sab sochna.
Padhari karke naukri ke baad - beta naukri karo, pyar ka time nehi hai yeh.
Bro you just called her sis. What if she is actually your crush who typed this...
Trashing this advice, sorry. This is not a realistic approach to things. Film tickets? Don't work anymore. Be a little more grown-up about this please.
This sis/sir manner of replying to people of different genders by OP is saying something loud to me lol
A 162-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Also, if you do end up asking her out and she says no to you, stop it right there and don't keep asking/pushing. Accept the no, respect her decision, and move on with your life.
Please just come out of 19th century thinking no one is old in love and liking things, it just two-person understands properly that's it.
The only decent advice that I've read in the entire thread is this! Thank you, Good sir.
The age difference is not that big, it's just a 4-year difference, which in my opinion is not a dealbreaker.
Sir,

Long story short, I do have a feeling that she reciprocates, but still, I am hesitant and don't know how I can get by the whole situation. But now I think I do have a plan on how I can do this without hampering our professional lives.
Quit and ask her out. If she turns you down, you still have a life.
Idhar sab log advice de rahe hai take it slowly and think about it, tum iski naukri kha jaaoge aisi advice mat do
How does some man expressing love for a woman at workplace make things hard for the woman esp when the man is a junior? The only thing you should be advising is that once they are an item then they should work in different teams.
This is actually an excellent suggestion. If you're serious about her, leave the team. Otherwise it will be extremely uncomfortable for not just both of you, but for everyone else in the team as well.
President Mao, are you reading this? What's the punishment this A1 should be meted with?
Barak Obama was an A0 when he dated Michelle Obama who at that time was SA1, if they can you can.....!
I wonder how are personal genuine problems with spouse moderated at trolling but these are not! Gives a perspective behind R's mindset
If an SA guy does this to an A1 girl; there is a power imbalance and increased chance of abuse. But here, it's not there. Probably she will brush it off.
Most older women are not interested in someone far younger than them; they prefer older and more mature guy's.
This is kind of awkward - having a crush on far more older women. Go and rethink if you just have a fantasy/fetish towards someone older more than a genuine interest in her as a potential wife.
I am an intern with a crush on name partner of one of the Big 7 law firms. What fo I do?
A 67-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Glad we have a mature, non-misogynist thread here, it seems too good to be true considering the weird, ridiculous posts in the past few months
or is this a ploy to hide a bigger issue?
If she's single, why not ask her out? Maybe start casually with a movie or coffee first? Nothing wrong with younger man being interested in an older woman IMO. And it's not that the age gap is massive here.
Please don’t make a move unless you’re pretty certain that she reciprocates. As someone has already said, it’s quite difficult for women in the workplace already. Don’t put her in an uncomfortable position just because you don’t know how to control your hormones.
I hate to break it to you A1, but what you're calling a crush is basically a chemical reaction in your brain that compels you to breed. It hits hard, A1, then it slowly fades, leaving you crushed in a failing marriage. Break the cycle, A1. Rise above. Focus on DD.
A 9-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Yes, I want everything to happen "organically" and I'm 100% willing to take things slowly. The only thing is that I developed a crush on her during the lockdown last year. So I am definitely a little nervous to see her for real in the office.
That's the whole reason why I have posted a thread on Li, and this thing is not at a nascent stage that I can easily abandon. I really want to take this ahead and address this to her without making things weird. I am ready to take things slow
That's actually one reason why I'm looking forward to getting back to the office
A 5-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Dude. What makes you think she would even be interested. It’s hard enough being a woman in the workplace. Don’t put her in a difficult position. Just go on dating apps and find someone else. People have crushes but they don’t have to act on them.