Read 67 comments as:
Filter By
Bold of you to assume your so called NLUD "trolls" belong to Nalsar and NUJS only 🤣
Can the student bodies stop NLUD swindling law aspirants every year via the superfluous additional AILET? Now that will be some example of proper student activism, and right at home too!
"A centralised SBC with a charter like at the older NLUs" - that's exactly what a student body is at every institution. The ones you are talking are activity-specific clubs and societies.
Those numbers are available on this site itself if you search for the previous NLUD Day Zero and annual placement statistics.
Exactly. So the holier than thou attitude of NLS trolls here is unwarranted. Their students go after law firm jobs just like those from other NLUs.
All are just good, 4 -5 law university. Keep your logic for some good purposes .
Agreed and it is really unhealthy to be obsessed with the NIRF ranking order.
The level of hubris in this comment is too damn high!! Yeah I get you dude NLUD is even better than Harvard. RS and Modi ji are also with you.
What's the number? And of those, how many actually get placed? In the absence of regular annual placement stats released in support, your claim seems rather hollow.
Any actual basis for such claims? Did you conduct a survey among present batches of NLSIU?
Were Law Firms more humane in their treatment of Associates and was the working environment less trsessful say 15-20 years ago ?
R, why have you not published my comment about privilege? It’s not trollish. Whatever I’ve said is true for most people.
You are a first year, bacha. Let's see how it pans out. Wishing you the best, of course. Do well. :)
..and yet many in that half did not get placed? Let's not masquerade lack of 100% placements as people voluntarily opting for other career options.
As a first year at NUJS, I can assure you that a T1 corp job is at the very bottom of my post-college ambitions
Is that why around half of the NLSIU batch sat for the last day zero?
That is not at all accurate. Several students from present batches are already working in more than one social start ups and quite a few are diligently preparing for UPSC. Why do you spread these baseless rumours?
I mean, so far as the question only concerns law firm placements, NLUD is definitely the most 'disinterested' top tier NLU, whatever your opinion be about its exact ranking.

The number of students who even bother sitting for Day 0 placements proves as much.
At NUJS, no interest in present batches beyond CAM/SAM and earning $$$$$$. Don't expect Rhodes scholars, entrepreneurs, IAS officers or law professors from the present batches.
No. It hasn't happened last year. If you are good enough, then you will get a job. If you don't spend the five years getting some proper education, then your university name alone will not help, no matter who says otherwise.
Does every (average) student from the top 3 NLUs get T1/T2 law firm jobs?