Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I personally know atleast half a dozen people who've had a Goa trip in the pandemic, people who've starting hitting the local regular pubs or have been out shopping and chilling.

But, guess what?

These few have a grave problem in returning to physical office due to "COVID related concerns" and accuse the MPs of prioritizing work over dying people.

P.S. - I want for longer Wfh due to actual COVID related fears. Haven't "chilled" outside my house for all this while.
You want WFH but you don't like others wanting WFH for different reasons? What's your point?

Also, my honest reason for not wanting to leave home is my parents have become extremely vulnerable and developed heart conditions post COVID. And I want to spend as much time as possible with them. But my management doesn't think that qualifies as an objective reason or "exceptional circumstance" to continue WFH.

That is why I have to tell them "COVID related concerns". You can't shut out people's viewpoints and then complain they aren't telling you the truth.
Join a job at your own city or ask your parents to move. You can't expect an entire firm to change it's policies for 1 individual or their personal problems or idiosyncrasies. At this age every individual's parents are old and vulnerable. I guess we all should sit at home then! Start your own firm and create your own policies if you don't like other's policies. Probably then you will realise what it means to run a firm. Don't preach what you do not understand
Haan but office jaake tum kya ukhaad loge? Wahi laptop leke cubicle/cabin mein hi baithoge na?
Better than the fake concern shown by firms in all other respects.

Also, after seeing the way firms treat people, there is no good faith needed - the firm will screw you over the first chance it gets and is only concerned about the partnership/promoter family's interest, so why the hell should associates not care about what they want. Is the firm going to listen to them if they say they prefer a hybrid or WFH approach? No, the firm will do it what is in the best interest of its pockets. So each to their own, let the junior folk decide what they like best and push for it.