Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
They don't for the simple reason that no company their size will be known to the general public. They are big for a law firm but nothing compared to most mncs and investment banks.
Amen. If Indian law firms were listed companies, they wouldn't even make into a small cap index. How many small cap companies can you name anyway?
When you tell them you work for Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas they think you work for some shop? Well they are not completely wrong.
Quote:
They think I'm working at some random Gujju shop.
Guess what, you are!
See kids, this is why we needs firms with names like Allen & Overy and Herbert Smith Freehills. No one will ever think you work for a Gujarati mithai shop. Rather they will be impressed when you tell them is it a "London-wala company".
Allen & Overy would sound like an IVF clinic then.
Just introduce yourself as a corporate lawyer it sounds fancy enough.
"Sounds interesting what's that like"

"Oh I research what is the law on claw back clauses and suitably adapt previous reiteration into current draft"

Yawn
A 3-word comment posted 5 years ago was not published.
A 55-word comment posted 5 years ago was not published.
Bol diya kar 15L kamata hu as a corporate lawyer
Mithai walas earn more than most lawyers in India.
And also mithai waala have a better personal life than most corp lawyers
Which is evident from yesterday's "Midlife crisis post"
I can totally relate. When I started working for KCO, I felt on top of the world. But then my own parents asked if I was working for a fan company, which was a bit of a letdown.
I can totally relate. When I started working for KCO, I felt on top of the world. But then my own parents asked if I was working for a fan company, which was a bit of a letdown.
When I told someone I work for Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, they asked if it's a textile store in Mangaldas Market.
T1 Associate here. Have been asked by relatives on multiple occassions that " Why are you working in a private company? Look for government jobs. My nephew is a clerk with xyz department " its an absolute let down
not to turn you down, but the nephew probably makes double what you make in underhand money.
Same can be done for India firms too. Wikipedia pages for likes of tri KCO scam are laudable
Why should we care about what goes on beyond the legal field ? The goal is to work and Kamao and udao paisa
Quite a few people in Mumbai corporate circles know Amarchang Mangaldas, though they might not know they’ve split up