Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
On the LI thread where people were discussing about CNLU not making it to the top 30 in NIRF despite participating, I noticed there was a discussion on why consider DSNLU making it into the top 30 as even an NLU. What defines an NLU? Why is MNLU an NLU? Why is it so high on the preference list then? Was GNLU an NLU in the first five years of its establishment? How do you define any metric for deciding what is an NLU other than 'the Act says so'?

If it is not the constituting Act that is the criterion, then there are only 7 NLUs, and 70% of the Consortium of National Law Universities is not comprised of National Law Universities - the entire system is a farce, consequently.
Beyond NLIU and HNLU (if you're too desperate), the NLU which is an NLU is not justifying the name NLU. You're much better off at a college which offers you room for own work than go to these outside top 6-7 NLUs because the campus placements are almost non existent. Of course the consortium wouldn't like the truth to be out in the open, nor would the coaching centres.
And so you shall see an NLU popping out every second year, while atleast 15/22 or 23 aren't worth of the nametag :)
Have been trying to explain few people, the same point. Some don't get, or dont want to get.

Good answer.
I agree.

It's like we are trolling Saveeta Institute on this portal everyday because it got rank 10, but next day if it becomes an NLU (god forbid) just by passing a law, all bhakts will go pro for Saveeta and say, "Saveeta over Symbi, anyday".
(Because it's an NLU)
Perhaps, give them a lil time to grow? DSNLU seems to be doing good; However, I agree that most of the T3s are neglected.
Some lower NLUs only qualify as NLU on paper. Phir these coaching classes.... They will advertise all sorts of crap to sell anything to kids and their parents.

By the time you realise the reality, it's too late.
It's just business. Fact is these colleges should be reviewed every year/5 years ​to see if they hold up to be called an NLU. For this you need seriousness from government.

Government (state) is opening an NLU at a rate of child birth in India (just saying), this really affects the quality of students. After 10 years down the line there will be 30+ NLUs at this rate.