Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Will AZB really open? Third wave etc are all conversations that are happening but nothing seems imminent. Mumbai covid cases also haven’t surged as high as expected post Chaturthi. Thoughts? Don’t want to end up moving there, pay rent for another shutdown.
It is confirmed. Though don't worry, once the offices open up, one person will get COVID, then they'll have to shut down the offices again. Zia will then tell you it was your fault that you got COVID.
Not opposed to paying for my rent and going to office if it’s actually open. Don’t know why so many of you think we’re hoarding our money or being miserly. People might have family to support, savings goals etc and it would be incredibly wasteful to shell out 30% of your income in the situation that you don’t even use it - it’s a waste. Why is wanting to be careful with our money an excuse?
Azb did the same in march / april 2020. Summoned all their retainers to be in mumbai in preparation of office opening.

Everyone got in here. Few got infected due to travel. Shelled out moneys to rent apartments etc - only to abandon this at the last minute as the lockdown hit again.

I don’t understand what is the obsession with trying to be the first one in terms of office opening? Why not be the first one in paying bonuses?

They are jumping the gun again and will surely lose face. Again!

Wake up and smell the coffee. The β€˜normal’ that you are trying to chase Is not normal anymore. I hope everyone realises this soon enough else you will go through and understand it the hard way.
AZB has pushed it's reopening to post diwali. Now scheduled to reopen 8th November. Will CAM follow?
Sounds stupid. I would assume they’ve pushed the date to November for fear of third wave/post Ganesh Chaturthi problems. Won’t the exact same issue be there post Diwali? Probably more due to it being a nation wide holiday and people probably travelling to see family etc? Won’t the same fears exist then? Firms should call it a year and put Jan 2022 as the opening and give associates assurances that they will follow through on.
So good sense has eventually prevailed here to postpone the reopening to 8th Nov.
I have been going to my office since May now. Infact, most corporate offices have opened up now since almost everyone is fully vaxxed. If clients are going to their office, then lawyers can also go to their office. Dont understand what's the big deal. Even if there is a lockdown again because of the third wave, it wont be like the first lockdown anymore when we had to do all the household chores ourselves.
If there are any associates we have not fired. Otherwise its an all partner play. Most profitable partnership in India.