Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I have a job offer from LKS and from a boutique firm with better salary. ( 3-4 lpa difference) . Which one should I go for? People in the industry please respond asap
If it's for corp, stay away from LKS. LKS is great at tax and IP, largely. It would help if you could tell us what the boutique's name is.
Take the one that pays better for now, work for a while, figure out what you want to do and then jump ships is need be!
But, your subsequent pays are often determined on the basis of your current pay, hence, don't commit the mistake of starting at low pay. Besides, LKS isn't really all that great of a name to forego 3-4 lpa.
Hi, I am also in a similar situation except that for me its about internship. I have an assessment internship at a well paying boutique and an internship at LKS in the same month. I have only done one T1 internship till now. Will doing the LKS internship over the boutique firm look better on my CV and increase my chances for day zero ?
Again depends on the practice you wish to choose. If corporate and M&A, I would rather choose a good corporate boutique over LKS. Also, higher the base compensation, you will be in position to demand higher compensation whenever you move out. However if you wish to move out in future, you should choose only T1.
It depends on the practice. If its a tax practice, having an LKS tag may be helpful. Otherwise, I'd pick the boutique firm.
It it's trade, choose LKS even when the main partner has left to join the some other firm.
It used to be good when Abir Roy and Mr. Seetharaman was there. Instead for competition law go to Sarvada legal which they started after exit from LKS. Doing pretty good high stake matters.
It's still 75K per month. They haven't revised salaries since the 1900s... sorry, from 2015.