Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
Looking to join corp team at Trilegal Gurgaon from a tier 2 firm. Which are the decent teams to work with? I understand Harsh pais, yogesh Singh, Charandeep and Upasana are the corp partners.. who can be considered among these?
Honest advice - just don't! AZB Mumbai and Trilegal Gurgaon - two of the worst places to be in terms of toxic work culture. Aur dusra kuch offer mil raha hai toh le lo.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter which partner you choose. You'll get frustrated and quit/switch after a year anyway.
I disagree. At least about Tri Gurgaon, I've heard both good and not so good things. So you'll have to do the research and pick the right partner.
At least two of the four partners set out above are extremely problematic and "revolving doors".
Joined Tri GGN in July this year. HP's team is pure hell. HP is an extremely difficult man to work with who sets toxic workplace habits. He's a workaholic who just can't seem to get away from his family nearly enough, it seems he comes into work on Sundays also just because he can't stand being at home. The people at junior levels are nicer but unfortunately the awful work culture, the meanness and the toxicity do trickle down.

Join him, or his 'bloc' of new partners that have come up under him (eg. AD, UR) only if you are okay with sacrificing all your weekends, your personal time and your life outside of work completely. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating - I have had SAs call me at 8 pm on Saturday without any warning or prior notice for a 3 hour call that absolutely did not need to take place at that time - the work wasn't reviewed by our counsel until 5 days later. Videocalls are unnecessarily long (6-7 hours to discuss and edit documents live) and nobody even takes breaks to have lunch/dinner - you just have to sneakily eat while on mute and hope no one addresses you directly. The SAs and counsels do this to make up for their total lack of friends or any social life, it seems. Oh yeah, we also function purely on fake deadlines in this team. Sacrificing your personal life is seen as a badge of honour and will probably win you some accolades. The culture is just toxic and abusive, with a lot of seniors shouting at juniors and making personal jibes at them - comparable to AZB Bombay as Chai Garam has pointed out. The attrition numbers are also similar - All the A0s from last year have left already, leaving the team with only A2s and the new A0s now. From how it's going, we new A0s are also probably going to start looking for other opportunities after completing 6 months in this hellhole.

I have heard CK's team is much better - however she heads the Japan desk of the firm and Japanese clients are notoriously workaholics as well, so the clients might actually make your life difficult there. YS is a sweetheart- even if there is a lot of work in the team, he actually emphasizes work life balance and encourages his associates to pursue a hobby outside work etc. Excellent mentor too, from what I have heard. But again, sheer volume of work can be quite high and he is a stickler for quality no matter how overloaded you are.
god bless you, thanks for the review. Any feedback on Kunal Gupta's team?
CKโ€™s team is a real joke. You need to suck up to survive. No lawyering skills and no real work to speak of. Mostly DDs and discussions on which branded handbags to buy next. CK Team has almost no good work to speak. The Japanese work is all advisory.

Culture is not toxic but she can be vindictive. Unless gossip is your top skill team CK is not for you.
The team used to have amazing work till about 2 years back. Lots of exits since then. Right now both the work and the current crop is problematic.
There is something innately funny about partners who talk about work life balance but send emails at 2 am and 8 am the next morning. You can say a lot of these nice things on a videocall, but not follow it when the time comes.
Sweet and very helpful partner. Good place to learn, and he understands work-life concerns as well. Team is (mostly) sweet too, can't say about new joinees. However, work can get hectic as it does for any M&A team during a deal. But definitely better than the rest (across firms).
(.....). There is no single SA in team. All the associates are either A1 or A4s (....)

R - please publish this. Really important for people to know (....)
Why is this censored? Can't it be paraphrased?

Not hating on you, R - but info like this is really necessary in these times.
R - WTF - you have edited the entire comment. Relevant information has been redacted. why such filtering. i have seen more detailed comments getting published. who are you protecting. pls publish the entire comment.
Yes. I have heard Amit Khansaheb, Nikhil and Rishi at SAM GGN are the best people to work with. The team has an excellent work culture and is very well respected in the PE/M&A space.
Amit Khansaheb is the most chilled out Partner ever - whether he is on your team or counterparty's.
Come on man have some integrity?! โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ team walks around with bloodshot eyes half the time and it's anyone's guess if it's from lack of sleep or because they were crying in the washroom.
A 33-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Please donโ€™t forget CA. Treats other teams shabbily-will require people to work on festivals, holidays at the last minute, and will not even let people know if the work has been sent out. Quite often it turns out that the deliverable wasnโ€™t required at all. Routinely completely modifies / recalls work product sent in by other teams without consulting them (and without any understanding of the subject matter), so that he can retain control of the matter and usurp billing. Absolutely appalling, to say the least.
The whole team is a mad house. Keeps yapping inappropriate shit. If other teams with real work tell them to keep it down, they are made the villain.

No respect for boundaries- work or otherwise
Top tier corporate law firms generally have terrible work life balance. Get used to it or find some other gig.

HP's team does decent work-perhaps the best in Trilegal Delhi/Gurgaon or at least used to be some time back. I'd say his team is a good place to pick up some handy deal experience and move on (if you so wish).

Toxic work culture- do not get used to that - it's probably top down, and you will not be able to change it no matter what you do. I'd say bide your time and join another team/firm.
Trilegal work culture has gone from bad to worse.Not a good firm to join any if its locations, especially nit a dead-worklocation like Gurgaon.There is not any learning to be gained here, so then why put up the toxic shit?
A 6-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 80-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.