Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Seen no mention of it on LI or B&B. Many people on LI advise to keep MNLU as a top 10 preference and some even say MNLU will be top 3 in a few years, but what are the placement stats? For example, does it make sense to choose MNLU over RGNUL or Symbiosis?
Long story short, MNLU Mumbai is a scam. The first batch (2020) had one Tier-I placement (SAM). Batch of 2021 is also almost the same. Batch of 2022 just has two PPOs as of now. NUALS and NLUO perform better than the joke MNLU is.
A 55-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I'm not sure with any first hand information but basis the comments they don't seem to be standing on to the NLUD2.0 promise so far. But if this is reality then I feel bad for all clat rankers who rank in 300s 400s and choose MNLU over GNLU or NLUJ (and the website of consortium indicates many a few of such law students). The games coaching centres play sometimes.
If students rely on coaching centres' version to pick universities instead of doing a bit of online research, then God help them all.
There is one/more troll(s) here who spam the comments section about how MNLU is going to be in top 3 or top 5 in the next few years. Never do they reply to questions about what exactly the place has achieved in 6 years to merit that estimate.
Is it only GNLU kids that are permitted to spam and troll that they are top 5-6 now? Especially without estimates on what exactly has GNLU achieved in all these years?
Increasing placements, better exposure through a host of regular programmes and a consistently rising NIRF rank. I am not from GNLU, but I will give credit where it is due. I am willing to say good things about MNLU too once it starts performing well.
GNLU is definitely top 6 law school of the country after NLS, NALSAR, NLUD, NUJS and NLUJ.

There's no doubt about that.

2 Rhodes scholars so far, good placement opportunities (not upto the level of NUJS/NALSAR but better than the rest)
Yeah, that is why it is better to ask someone who is in the field rather than random coaching centres who have no idea about the real world scenario and dynamics.
You people please don't talk without having proper info, ok? First of all MNLU's rank is a question to ask in the long term, not short term. Secondly, the placements have been quite good in a tough market affected by Covid. You can see from LinkedIn that MNLU grads are working in top organisations. The biggest advantage of MNLU is location. It is in the corporate capital of India. It's for the same reason that IIT Bombay is the top in student preference today, ahead of KGP even though KGP came first and IITB second.But this did not happen overnight, so MNLU will aim for a podium finish in NIRF by 2030 or so.
1. What's this drivel about long-term rank? NIRF and CLAT are both annual affairs. If MNLU can't cut it now, then it shouldn't be spoken of now. If it ever rises in the ranks, then come to talk about it. Till then, refrain from random comments.
2. What good placements? Cite some stats. How many tier one jobs have been offered to MNLU students in 2020 and 2021? I doubt the answer is more than 5 across two years. Don't make vague remarks like their students are working at great places. If someone makes a lateral entry into an organisation later, the credit for that doesn't go to the alma really. Alma can claim credit for campus placements only and maybe to some extent for PPOs.
3. Please stop misleading people about location. If you think IIT Bombay is what it is today only because of its location then you know as little of the engineering field as you seem to know about law. Neither NLSIU nor NALSAR is located in the middle of a city and everybody knows about their achievements. Forget about podium finish, let it even be counted first within the top 20. Even that's not happening anytime soon.
Sorry to disappoint you but NLS is pretty much in the city unlike Nalsar. Get your facts straight dude.
I had hoped that I would get at some 'info' from your comment, propriety notwithstanding. Sadly, there was none. Only a rant.
It's a good place only and only if you want to live in Mumbai. I can't imagine why someone would choose it over other established NLUs with an established infrastructure and alumni base. The singular reason MNLU is running is because of 17-year-old city kids who can't live in small cities and choose it just because of the location. I don't blame them because they are too short-sighted to see beyond parties and beaches in Mumbai, but I do blame the coaching centres for feeding this lie to these kids. Hopefully, sense prevails
A 41-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I'm sure it's still better than GLC as a college Because I don't attribute the placements that the GLC students score to the college admin, as it is the biggest scam of all time
That's okay. MNLU's placements cannot be attributed to anybody at all, neither admin nor students, since they don't really have any to speak of. GLC at least has got an excellent alumni base to help their students in the industry.
Better to go for GLC where you fees for 5 years in total would be less than 6 months fee at MNLU.
Here for a conversation, not a fight.
Comparing MNLU to other NLUs such as RGNUL and HNLU etc., should be taken with a pich of salt. Some rankings put one over the other, but Patiala and Raipur have the advantage of having an alumni base and some years of experience. MNLU has had its first two batches pass out in 20 and 21. Maybe we can have a real discussion on its rankings once 3-4 batches have passed out in a post-pandemic world.
Now we can argue over how much effect the pandemic had in not being able to attract some firms to the campus (pretty good for a non-existent campus, if you ask me), but to expect NLS placement numbers in the first few years is naΓ―ve at best. That said, some kids do prefer MNLU over the established NLUs, maybe because of coaching centres, maybe because they actually believe in some advantages it may have, like running internships which may give you an edge in your CV/Experience (glass half full), or may help in closing the gap with established NLUs (glass half empty).
Anyway, the point is that each person has their own preferences, and instead of deciding where you want to spend your 5 years based on some threads in LI (if not for this post, then in general), maybe try reaching out to students from these colleges on LinkedIn and ask them for their experience. Some will obviously defend their decisions, but there will be some honest answers too. There are lots of positives with joining MNLU, but that doesn't matter- I'm biased, and so is everyone else on this platform. Thinking that some upstart college MAY be on equal footing as their own makes some people uncomfortable, and maybe rightly so.
So again, if you're using this thread to take in information about colleges, take it with a (large) pinch of salt.
Speaking of location advantage, even GLC, PGCL and KC college have better placements than MNLU. Obviously these are attributable to constant internships, NOT the college itself, but hey you have a job at the end of it.

If you really want to live in Bombay, spend 1/10th of MNLU fees on these places. Anyway MNLU permanent campus will purportedly come up in Gorai, location advantage of that is lul.
Gorai is in Borivali. People travel from Borivali to Churchgate everyday.
The proposed campus is on Essel World side of Gorai, not on Gorai bus depot side. All the best traveling to Churchgate everyday.
Co 2021: Trust fund babies have gotten into tier 1s, while batch toppers are languishing in tier 3s.
Having a few friends at MNLU across a few batches, I can tell you that placements at MNLU are a joke. This is not to say that the college is bad as there are other metrics such as faculty, peer quality, etc. too, where MNLU may be doing well. However, if you are aiming for a T1 placement at the end of your 5 years, MNLU is not the place to be. I agree with 4.1 that college can only take credit for campus recruitments and PPOs and in that regard, MNLU has not been able to place more than 3-4 students in T1 in any of their batches so far. Obviously one may say that 2022 batch is screwed over by COVID but even NLIU (which despite being my alma mater is no doubt going down), has placed 30+ students in T1, as of end of Day 0.
If faculty and peer quality are both good, then why would placement scene be this bad?
You mean 30 Day 0 offers right? How many students shared that amongst themselves? I would guess not more than 15-20
I meant 30+ placed as on end of Day 0, not offers. 20+ were placed on Day 0 and 10+ PPOs. Total offers on Day 0 (excluding PPOs) were 45+. This is for the 2022 batch. For my batch, the figures were much better as we had 20+ PPOs to begin with, before the pandemic hit.
A 20-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.