Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
This is such a refreshing thread. Almost makes me want to switch practice areas but I’m 5 years too late -.-
Hi - this is insider. Having worked with ND, SS and the IBC team @ azb - can confirm, probably one of the best shots at work satisfaction + attempt towards work life balance in teir 1 firms! So, go for it! These folks have (1) good clients and work - great mix of restructuring, insolvency, structured finance, etc. (2) flat structure, (3) seniors who themselves want some work life balance and therefore promote the same for juniors! Now the cons - there is a fair bit of work on most days (which is good and bad - depending on how you see it), so the juniors are expected to be busy and working hard.

Hope it works out for you!
I think because AZB House does not have enough space to accommodate all the teams. So the Banking & Finance, Insolvency & Restructuring, IPR, Compliance and Capital Markets teams sit in Peninsula Towers.
So the restructuring and IBC team at AZB is actually Bahram's team. The team has one senior partner Nilang and two other partners Suharsh and Avinash. Unlike many other such teams in other firms,, this team actually gets along. And that means it has a great working relationship amongst the partners and associates. The partners look after their associates. And the work is absolutely top notch and a great mix of work. People work hard when needed but partners try to make sure lawyesare not overburdened. Good long term prospects. No heirarchy - true meritocracy. All in all a great team to join.
Do all law firms actually have much IBC work these days? It's a thanda practice now at a certain top tier law firm.
Out of curiosity, why is that? So they operate seperately from the rest of the teams?
Why would you not be working in AZB house? Surely, you would be once the office starts
Suharsh is one of the kindest and smartest partner you will encounter in a law firm. Super smart and nice but most importantly values his juniors' time and opinion!
SS is thoughtful & compassionate, super intelligent, a subject expert, nice to a fault - don't pass up an opportunity to work with him!
Why would you not be working in AZB house? Surely, you would be once the office starts
I have only heard positive reviews about him and how he is an amazing boss to have- kind, understanding and brilliant. From what I have seen, his juniors are pretty nice too and the team in general has a good work culture where the people are friendly and helpful. Plus, you won’t be working in AZB House so that is a plus.
he's a kind human being and an exceptional lawyer- lots of work and azb culture, but you'll be working with the nicest people
Is this Suharsh Sinha? He's a good chap and great to work with. Very reasonable with juniors, unlike most other partners at AZB.
Hey y'all

I'm looking to jump ship and would like to know how's is SS's insolvency team at AZB?
Any other insolvency team recommendations in Mumbai?

Before anybody asks- I'm not from CAM.
Before anybody tells- yes, Im aware of the work culture at AZB.