Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Very shameful that media is discussing IITs and traditional universities in NIRF but neglecting NLUs and the law rankings. The neglect of law schools by the media and refusal of the media to give law importance like medical, engineering and even general streams must be addressed through a concerted effort.
Just look at IIT's alumni and you will realise why , It consists of Famous Billionaires , CEOs , Authors , Actors and what not . The most powerful man on Wall Street i.e Stephen Schwarzman visited IIT Bombay that speaks a lot about the prestige of IITs.
Yeah that's exactly what the OP wants to change. And it is not wrong. The media/people should also know which law firm did the Walmart/Flipkart deal. It is all part of general awareness and career building. My parents did not know an inch about how great an option law can be as a career, so I had to drop one year to study engineering before I could convince them otherwise. So YES I do believe that media should cover NLUs/LAW/DEALS and not just IIT Bombay. The unhealthy obsession of Indians with just IIT is simply crazy, and cause of depression, loss of prestige, suicides and what not among young teens who are not free to choose any other career option because their parents do not know better because media only covers some wall street honcho visiting IIT.
Zuckerberg visited IIT Delhi. Sundar Pichai is an IIT KGP alum. The President of India customarily attends the convocation of the IIT D/B/M/KGP.
Zukerberg is a tech guy and it makes sense from him to visit a tech University. Same way, CJI and other Supreme court judges customarily visit top NLUs for convocation. I remember Modi going to GNLU for convocation (that too after he became Prime Minister) for a several number of times.

That's no measure of a college's success. I would rather love to take my degree from a sensitive supreme court judge than the president of the country.

Also, IIT brand in India is undoubtedly better than NLUs. That's also because of the fact that NLUs are new and law can not provide jobs to a large number of students.
Netflix did a show on IIT Kharagpur (Alma Matters) with 4 episodes. Something like that can be done for NLUs: 5 episodes for 5 NLUs.
People like you, search all over the internet with keywords such as "NLU coverage on media today", "NDTV NLU", "NLU India Today", and then crib on LI after getting 0 results.