Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
If R is really mature and neutral, as a particular thread started on R is saying, I hope this post goes through, as it concerns a very valid issue which merits a separate and dedicated thread on the topic. With IIT K law above GNLU, Jamia Milia above NLU J, Saveeta Institute and KIIT almost breaking into top 10 of India (Really? No other law school is better than them??) And NLU D (no offence) put above NALSAR and NUJS, it is quite clear that NIRF law school rankings have no reliability. What's your view?
I used to think that no one except for CLAT coaching classes care about these ratings. But I was somewhat shocked yesterday to see so many comments on the other thread. I am assuming it is mostly first and second year kids who didn't really get a chance to see the real world out there because of the pandemic.
Their views will surely change over the years when they'll meet and interact with people from unheard cities and colleges, making it big in life.
I'm all in for a healthy competition amongst institutions, but what I saw yesterday was far from that. Such obsession, in my opinion will only lead to stagnation of growth of an individual.

I know I'll be called names and this comment will be downvoted by many, but someone had to say it !
I agree, NLUJ is better than GNLU, NALSAR is better than NLUD also IIT KGP, Saveeta, Jamia and KIIT should not even be in top 10.

NIRF is a very unreliable ranking.
Times and QS are the only ‘fairly’ reliable rankings tbh. Law schools should focus on getting into these rankings.
Yeah, right. You should actually read the criticism of those rankings from the countries where multiple institutions participate in those. They aren't really any better.
I stopped reading the rankings after seeing Saveeta and IITK law above so many renowned institutes of India. The question we need to ask ourselves is will we in all our earnestness EVER advise our own younger sibling who has got a good CLAT rank to choose IITK or JMI over GNLU/NLUJ ???? Would you do it to your own blood ?? Would it ever even come out of your mouth in a general setting that Saveeta is one of the best law schools of the country ??? If the answer to any of these questions is a NO, you know these NIRF rankings are a sham. Anyone even with an iota of rationality would know it in their heart that these rankings are just not right. At least where law schools are concerned, something is wrong, very wrong. These people have not understood their homework.
I think the unreliability of NIRF has been pointed out in multiple threads of legally india. My best guess for the unreliability is that they are applying the exact same factors/criteria to judge law colleges as they would apply for a medical or engineering college. While the large methodology can remain the same, they need to fine tune certain aspects to suit law schools and make the rankings more recruitment friendly because that is what a clat aspirant wants at the end of the day, and not to choose Jamia over GNLU. (assuming future clat aspirants are one of the prime benefactors/users of these rankings. recruiters anyways are smart enough to know where they are hiring from and will never follow the NIRF order.)
This year the NLU VCs had been asked to provide feedback about a slightly different template that would be used for law universities from 2022 onward for NAAC accreditation. Something similar can be used for NIRF too. However, the major issue is that the model used by NIRF relies solely upon unverified data supplied by the institutions themselves, and still continues to use completely arbitrary metrics like the perception score. So long as those remain in place, its credibility will always be questioned.