Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
From my understanding, even if you fulfill the GPA eligibility and get through the interview process hosted by the Vice Chancellor, that alone doesn't guarantee that you'll get into the foreign University that you're aiming towards. The interview process is merely a nomination from Jindal's side, you have to additionally go through the admission interview process etc from the foreign university's side too. Only if they also select you, can you pursue a degree at that uni
This is the sort of advice that a real and sensible student will give. Unlike the trolls masquerading as students that roam here.
If the education system in India is stone age, would this degree of yours mean that you are only half-stoned?
Current final year kid at JGLS who had the chance for the dual degree program. My only reason for not going through was the cost, which was approximately 1 Cr (1.25 including healthcare and covid related charges) since it was 2 years in NY inclusive of tuition, lodging and cost of living. This is also the reason why multiple people who are good batch performers do not consider the Pathway programs (which is what JGLS called dual degree programs) as they're very expensive. There are other options as well such as Kings and QMS, but they are also upward of 50-60 lakhs. So you are already spending easily 30 lakhs until your 4th year when you are eligible to apply on your JGLS fee, and majority of students are not decided on a masters yet, so the question of spending an additional 50 lakh -1 cr doesn't make sense.

The criteria is not too complicated, you need an above average GPA (which is 6.0 and above out of 8) and a good reason to demonstrate why you should be allowed to go abroad (through your SoP). The trend that I have noticed is that most of the kids go for summer schools, then semester exchanges and then for the pathway program, but academic merit and your interpersonal skills are an important deciding criteria. As someone mentioned above, there is rigorous interview process involved and a lot of things to balance out given the BCI controversy over LLMs which almost made this entire dual degree program redundant (not sure if its sorted out yet).

A word of advice though, you should actively consider and work towards both entrance exams, since LSAT never has and can clash with CLAT (no private uni entrance exam does), since NLUs have their own advantages to them as well, which for some may be better than what JGLS might have to offer.
I don’t know a lot but here are some observations:-

1) It is undoubtedly a good programme
2) Everyone is not eligible, you have to have a CGPA of 7.0+ to get into pathways
3) There is a rigorous 2 stage interview process and the second interview is conducted by the Vice Chancellor himself
4) A lot of people do not apply because education in US is generally expensive
5) You do not get any scholarship from Jindal and you can only apply independently
The Jindal BALLB-Cornell JD combo is infinitely superior to any NLU BALLB degree if you can afford it. It is the high cost that makes people avoid the degree and go to NLUs. If I had the money I would pursue that course, make the most of my 2.5 years at Cornell and and try to settle in the US after graduation. No f**king way would I study and work in India, with its bronze-age legal system and stone-age education system.

You are lucky to be from a wealthy family. Go to the US and stay there. You will not regret it.
I will say something that will apply to any new programme that Jindal is offering or will offer. Be it online LLM or the pathways programme. Don't be the part of the first/second batch. Wait for the programme to get some traction, then talk to the actual students and not employees of the institution. Learn the real scene from them including available opportunities. Only then take a call. The employees of private institutions are required to paint rosy pictures of their programmes, so reliance on their version is not a good idea. If the students who are studying there are saying that they are getting the benefits promised, then by all means enroll if you can want/can.
I'll be taking CLAT and LSAT next year, and the pathways programme is the sole reason I placed Jindal above any other law school in India on my list of preferences. It seems to be too perfect to be true. Jindal's BA LLB and Cornell's JD seem to be a fantastic combination. I observed that this program's graduates were hired by magic circle legal firms. So it's a nice show obviously, but

Wouldn’t every student try for a spot it if it's that good? What is the level of competition? What's the catch, and how can one apply for a spot in the programme? Any more information about this programme? I understand that education in the US is expensive but is this programme unreasonably high? There is very little information available regarding this particular initiative. Is there a similar MoU that any other law university is engaged in and I don’t know of.

Also, this is about my education; I've been following legallyindia for over a year and can tell the difference between an honest review and mudslinging; please only comment if you have genuine insights. I don’t want comments on my preference of university but just the programme.

If you choose to help me, it would be a huge favour and I’d be really grateful