Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
https://dismantlinghindutva.com

Very disappointed to see only one lawyer/law professor in the list: Suchitra Vijayan. Almost all others are sociology and gender studies scholars. So when you see media coverage about this conference in the coming days, the voice of the legal community will be excluded.
Disgusting that the LI moderator marked comment 3 as trollish. Leftists abuse conservatives right, left and centre on LI but nothing happens. A harmless dig at the left is flagged on LI.
Who said the dig was harmless? It hurt my fragile ego, just like every dig at Supreme Leader hurts yours.
Sad to see the lack of lawyers but nevertheless quite excited for the conference.
Yeah and these cowards are silent on Islamic fanatics i.e. "Taliban"

D-grade movies are better than this rubbish programme
I welcome the conference. FYI Suchitra Vijayan taught at NUJS but faced toxic comments and misogyny from right wing students. She complained to the VC. Many academics and activists from around the world supported her on Twitter and tagged the official NUJS handle. But no disciplinary action was not taken against the students. Even a "positive" punishment like compulsory attendance of a gender sensitisation programme was not given. This is an example of the structural violence and misogyny practised by the right wing, with silence from those in power. And this is why we need this conference.

See the tweets by Ms Vijayan below.

https://twitter.com/suchitrav/status/1317287444228804608

https://twitter.com/suchitrav/status/1319968654633717760
Vijayan herself behaved pretty badly and unprofessionally throughout the incident. Not that I condone the student's behaviour either.
Shruti Vijayan should try Dismantling Global Islamist Ideology conducive to terrorism. That's a more clear and present danger than the imagined persecution she feels at hindus expressing displeasure at twisted deconstructive discourse presented on a demonized identity of the hindu native.
The Hindutva lobby is organising a counter-conference on the same day 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Advocate Monika Arora, who has once stood for election on a BJP ticket s speaking. She co-authored the controversial book on the Delhi riots which was cancelled by Bloomsbury after allegations that it was promoting hate and after BJP politician Kapil Mishra (accused of hate speech against Muslims) . If you look at the cases Arora appears in, they are full of RW causes. This is the speaker the RW chooses???!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/bloomsbury-says-it-won-t-publish-book-on-delhi-riots-after-social-media-backlash/story-KsEs4hLXrRfxCj3X0vimyN.html

The great Kapil Mishra himself is also speaking. Accused of hate speech THIS MAN HAS BEEN INVITED!! 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Just shows the intellectual shallowness of the right wing. At least they could have invited J Sai Deepak or Vikramjit Banerjee. Why Monika Arora?
Sai and VB had client meetings scheduled. They are actually professionals, unlike the other RW speakers and the entire LW group.
I didn't know he was right wing. I have read a lot of his writings but did not see anything to suggest he is an RSS type. Isn't Dam on the left? He published in the caravan magazine for god sake!
I dont get the hatred against Islam but I get it to an extent why they hate it but what really perplexes me though is why would they drag communism too? Islam doesn't preach communism any more than Hinduism.
Lawyers could have added a lot of quality to the discussions: Indira Jaisingh, Prashant Bhushan, Colin Gonsalves, Karuna Nundy, Mihira Sood etc from the practising lawyer side. Tarunabh Khaitan, Prabha Kotiswaran, Upendra Baxi, BS Chimni, Rahul Rao, Ratna Kapoor, Oishik Sircar, Saurabh Bhattacharya etc from the academic side.

However, maybe a second edition of the conference can take place with more law professors and lawyers participatin, like the names above.
Sai Deepak is highly articulate. A pleasure to watch him and his stance on Hinduism. Such forces are needed to tackle the false rhetorics made by the West, who conveniently put Islamic Terror under the carpet.

P.S. I, too, believed that Hinduism was under no threat, but not now!
You seem to have lapped up all names available online.

Indira Jaisingh, Prashant Bhushan, Colin Gonsalves, Karuna Nundy, Mihira Sood etc

2 are decent lawyers.

1 in between is a publicity hungry activist who is actually promoting anti vaccination sentiments.

Last two names are relatively unheard of. KN ofc seems to be very active on Twitter, hardly see her in Courts. I had to Google the last name.

If you wanted to improve the discourse, you would want people like KKV, DrAMS, KVV, Shyam Diwan, CU Singh etc. If someone could get a Fali or Rohinton, that would be a cherry on the top. Would also love to hear Ashok Bhushan, Deepak Gupta and Indu Malhotra's thoughts. Chelameshwar, Lokur, Sikri and Kurian Joseph would have been great too.
Comments 7.1 and 7.2 are making baseless allegations against Ms Vijayan. This shows the continuing misogynistic harassment of one of the bravest human rights lawyers by fascists. This shows why the DGH conference is needed. What does comment 7.1 mean that she behaved "unprofessionally"? She had every right to complain against the NUJS student for taunting her on Twitter and NUJS should be condemned for not expelling him. The student openly supported RSS, which a fascist, racist, heteropatriarchal, homophobic, misogynistic and anti-rationalist organisation. Furthermore, the complaint to NUJS was also supported by many female students. As for comment 7.2, saying that she is "imagining" persecution is typical toxic RSS misogynistic hate speech which is used to gaslight women day in and day out.
Wow, so a criticism of the unprofessional behaviour of someone automatically becomes misogyny if the concerned person happens to be a woman? And I automatically become RSS and patriarchal and what have you, despite me having clearly condemned the student's behaviour too? You don't need a conference, you actually need some education. Yes, in my opinion, Vijayan acted unprofessionally in that instant and could and should have done better, especially given her stature. There are multiple reasons for me thinking like that, as people involved in the matter would know. Unlike you, I don't like to discuss everything anonymously and publicly. That's actually me respecting the privacy of the people involved, including hers. But you remain in your thought-bubble and keep berating others without knowing anything about them. That shows your lack of education, not mine.
Under which rule can a university expel a student for 'taunting' another person on Twitter? You need to learn some law when you get some time to stop bristling with righteous indignation.
99% of NUJS students #StandWithSuchitraVijayan. We are very sorry that she suffered such harassment. The progressive reputation of NUJS cannot be tarnished because of misbehaviour by a few pro-BJP students. Regarding punishment for the culprits, it is indeed shameful that nothing happened, but through forums like LI the pressure can be kept up on the admin to do something. Even after graduation if can still have an impact.
Did the 99% students sign any letter to the admin? Wait, let me amend that. Did even 9%?
How exactly are the Left associated with the original post? You've got some weird notions about Leftist ideology it seems. By the way, a lot of the people who actually fought against the British were of Leftist mindset. Very few of them belonged to the current Right (I separate current Right from earlier Right because they are nothing alike).