Read 57 comments as:
Filter By
The faculty has really sunk after mindless expansion in the past 4-5 years. Only Jindal students between the 2010 to 2015 period will have seen the faculty at its peak.
Suvro? Seriously? He's alright, [-]. But he's nowhere close to the legends: the likes of Amit Bindal, Khagesh Gautam & Arjya Majumdar. And many who have now left Jindal such as Aditya Swaroop or Sushant Chandra.
Meant legends of Jindal, obviously - given that the context is restricted to Jindal. Not sure how that's so difficult to comprehend.
Arre bhai if you want to talk about teachers other than those in Jindal in a thread about Jindal teachers, then God help you.
Not really, just finding it amusing to see the low bar for 'legendary performance' at Jindal.
Many good teachers are gone or are on leave for many years. The ones from my time who were very good are:

- Parmanand
- Eiriksson
- James
- Amit
- Arpan
- Rehan
- Manasi
- Vaiji
- Rohini
- Missed out many more, I am sure.

Each has their own strengths and unique styles, so it's best to have a combination of them. Some are intellectually rigorous, some are very practical, some focus on basic concepts, some are funny, some emphasise research and writing.
Don't you guys have a FB page where you can discuss this? Itna Jindal Jindal sunn kar main pakk gaya hu.
Exactly, make an alumni Telegram group or something. But then again it's probably hard to fit 800 students x5 years x7 batches into any group.
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTOBnrbS1I_KX_M7kh5JpwvmXm0BEnbGsZdw&usqp=CAU[/img]
Vishwas devaiah, Indranath Gupta, Sreejith sg, Prateek Bhattacharya, Manasi kumar all great profs
I have been taught by two in this list. They were decent, but did not seem anything exceptional, no offense meant.
Vishwas Devaiah isn't in Jindal anymore. He moved to BITS Law School. He was my favourite in Jindal.
What about Arja Bir Majmudar? He personally told us how his being ragged in his first month at NUJS made him a better teacher today. Btw please dont ask him about the incident, it was very uncomfortable for him.
If it was that uncomfortable for him, then why did he mention it to you to begin with? And he's from the second batch, there used to be no ragging other than jokes/singing at that point of time. Ragging culture did not start till the CLAT batches started coming from 2008 onward.
He's a decent teacher, but as an administrator, not good at all. And (....)

(....)
Why kind of moderation is this? Please remove all posts which are insulting to the lady professor and all posts discussing the same.
What do yall think about the latest competition law faculty? Siddharth Chauhan and all
He's a very young and inexperienced person, with almost no good publication in the relevant field. Does this pass off as the best in JGLS nowadays?
WTF?? HOW THE HELL IS THIS COMMENT SEXUALLY HARASSING A LADY ALLOWED???
It doesnt look like a sexual comment. Unless someone is making up phrases that is not associated with sexual harassment. It basically means she gives good marks. But I have unpublished it in any event in case there is some deviant meaning I missed.

- R
The comment literally said "she is good in the sheets".

There is only one way in which that phrase is used.
Then I must apologise for allowing that. Although entire Google search also doesn't seem to indicate the meaning of this phrase. My bad of reading innuendoes as good in bed sheets v. Good in answer sheets.

- R
I think 'good under the sheets' is the more frequently used phrase, distasteful though it is.
Wth is wrong with you? How could you name someone like that and think you have the right to make such a statement?
This topic will vary wildly with generations. Early sets of alumni will feel they had an excellent set of teachers.