Read 129 comments as:
Filter By
A 9-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
where do you think he gets the money to buy those from? .....by not paying his partners and associates
What brought this about? I hear that he has sports cars and sports bikes! Surely one one buy such stuff when defaulting on salaries/ retainers!
There is backlog again. It is understood that retainer payments for the past four months are unpaid. Other than Hemant, there isn't a single half decent attorney left in the firm.
A 13-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
How much do they pay to their trainee associates whom now they are hiring for a year? Is it unpaid or under paid?
how is the situation now? I was told they cleared arrears sometime ago but more piling up. can someone update since recruiters have been calling
A 50-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
They had promised 2k as a stipend to NLS students but have not paid yet. The interns had to mail 2-3 times in order to get the certificate
Forget interns. Partners who left more than an year ago have dues of more than 4 months.
A 32-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
so i guess interns are not paid either? some of my friends got internships there and claimed it was a good learning experience, dont know if they were paid tho.
A 18-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 34-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
woh sab theek hai. ab toh paise de do. hum partner log ka backlog fir se 5 mahine ho gaya
A 43-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Which world are you living in bro? Nobody covers HSA now. They are insignificant.

Jyoti and team just had a retreat with Sheikhs and HSA's last retreat was 3 years ago in Rishikesh.
A 5-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 90-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 58-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Spot on man. I feel the same. They should not be paid even in 40-50 days. Let them rot.... one must have at least 2-3 months savings so that they can survive even if the firm doesn't pay.

Partners have spouses who should earn to support them if the firm is not paying.
A 90-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
That's a valid point ya. Right now, Sir is travelling. We'll update you on this.
A 76-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Somethings will never change. Neither will this this firm. At one point, they had the potential to be up there as good, if not better than Indus. Bad strategy, wrong hirings and a terrible strategy has lead them to where they are.
A 46-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
These so called 'loyalists' are people who couldn't get placed anywhere. Everyone's CV is out there, including one of the new equity partners.
Recruiters keep calling and say nothing even close to what's written here is true. Can anyone shed some light?
No. But I heard HSA has given good increments last year. Isn't it good for juniors that they are getting preferece over partners?

I wish, I leave before they offer Partnership.
A 163-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Any update on retainers? How far behind are they? I want to apply and don't think its a good idea till the backlog is cleared.
A 2-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
As a member of HSA fraternity, I would like to refute the claims made above. I had been paid timely (apart from 2-3 covid hit months), and am still being paid. Would be having an appraisal too in April. Request you to not spread such lies and rumors about the Firm.
Seems like you only read the first line of the comment. You're a lawyer?
If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you will feed him forever.
OP, you come work with me. May not get paid but you will learn a lot. Only condition is no POSH complaints please.
Leave that as it may - i know someone who loves to use this phrase.
I overheard that the partners of disputes team I am working with have not been paid for 4-5 months. I also heard that HS of HSA is holidaying in London. I was hoping to join the firm as trainee associate. Really bad and sad 🤐
Shocking that firms are still not paying. Better to offer lower salaries during interviews than none at all
If you got any birthday kicks, please know that it wasn't for your birthday.
Friends, it was my birthday yesterday. Please don't say these things, for us, as partners, are required to support each other. I have an award also now, for which, I paid myself despite not getting retainer.
Ek retainer client ke bharose jeevan nahi kat raha. others pls help.
Oho. I thought no one will notice.

We will pay the rest 'shortly'.
They have paid some retainers. Arrears down to only 4 months.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
actually its more than 10
Chinmay
Ramya
Rajdeep
Akshay
Amit
Gaurav
Apoorva
Aditya
Bharat
Harsh
( )
more than 10 partners out of 25 odd have left/are leaving since the last year. not even counting associates and staff.
attrition is everywhere but this is disproportionate to the total headcount.
I worked at HSA during this time.

They didn't have the decency to send an email to staff informing them that payroll will not be met. I am very surprised Ravi Jain moved to HSA. Everything that comes out of HSA's mouth is a lie.
A 15-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Some of us left immediately after 1-2 months of non-payment, they still haven't paid us for those months. What do you have to say about that? Still our fault or the firm's?
A 33-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
As they say..Haathi k daant khane k aur aur dikhane k aur!! pathetic state
Leave that as it may, they have reduced fresher salaries to measly 25k, that too aren’t being given.
If you don't pay retainers and bonuses and if as a result people quit, there is money to be made - ie few people worked for free for you for a while - and the repeat the cycle. Smart!
Cool, if changing the nomenclature gives me my pending dues, I will call myself Tom Cruise if I have to. Any other advice?
What is happening? Can someone elaboate? I thought they were on a decent hiring spree a few months ago...
First, don't call yourself a resource. You are an advocate. Possibly because you believe you are a resource, the firm treats you as such.