Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
I have got NLUO in first list and may get HNLU in vacancy, so currently am in a dilemma where people say HNLU is licking it's wounds, NLUO is growing at a fast pace, please declutter this do I choose HNLU or NLUO?
HNLU is much better in terms of alumni base, placements and infrastructure. NLUO is much better at mooting. Personally, would prefer HNLU.
I won't term HNLU's current state to be one of licking its own wounds. People who are classifying it as such are probably the ones who themselves couldn't secure a seat at either of the institutions in question. I would rather call its present state equivalent to the bamboo tree. Plenty of reforms are happening, information about which is not in the public domain. People outside the institution are probably ignorant about the current status and I don't blame them for this. They will get to know, the things they deserve to know, in due course of time.

Now to answer the question objectively (keeping my biases aside), HNLU is fairly better than NLUO in every significant aspect. Be it the placement scenario, student quality, alumni network, academic culture, faculty quality and strength (especially after the recent recruitment; with quite a few senior and highly reputed/respected professors joining the law school), and a dynamic and visionary VC, I can with a 100% conviction say that HNLU was/is/and will continue to be a better law school than NLUO fundamentally. So choose wisely and let not opinions of a few frogs in the well influence your decision. A decision that will probably determine where/what you will be after 5 good years of your life.
FYI students at HNLU didn't pick up any mocking of the HC for filing a superficial PIL. Talented aspirants are hereby advised to read the judgement of HC before progressing to NLUO. To buttress my assertion the council would like to place reliance on the landmark case of UT v. UOI (2021).

PS: this case reignited the jurisprudence of PIL.
Nluo has multiple fellows at famous think tanks like Vidhi, PRS. Nluo have associates at various Law firms & corporate houses.
The particular person you're talking about has interned with almost all tier-1 firms, has crazy contacts on his own and has helped me and other juniors secure internships at Tier-1s. He has crazy offers in the pipeline. The PIL wasn't argued well by the arguing counsel and that's a fact. You'd know if you follow the CJ Court of the Delhi HC.
We also upload pictures of our placements on FB πŸ˜‰ Oops sorry, you guys probably don't know what placements are.
Do you guys know what's common between Bigfoot and NLUO Library? They don't exist
NLUO did well because of Naveen Patnaik, probably the most educated and progressive CM in India. Unfortunately, he is getting old and his health is not good, so we don't know what will happen in the future. But I will still say NLUO is better than HNLU because HNLU is from a state which is in very bad shape.
Oh so you're saying Odisha is a better state than Chhattisgarh? Please get your facts straight buddy, Chhattisgarh govt. Has allocated 1 Cr+ for HNLU.
HNLU is finished because of Sukhpal Yadav. Vivekanandan may be good but it is a tall order cleaning up the mess that Sukhpal made. Also, VCV may head to NALSAR as VC.
Any more conspiracy theories and random musings? Wake up and look around, don't want to be left too far behind, do you?
Location: As a state Orissa is certainly better and safer than Chattisgarh (many Naxal areas).

Politics: NLUO has done well because of Naveen Patnaik. But he is getting old and not in great health, so the future is uncertain.

VC quality:VCV of HNLU is much better, but Sukhpal Yadav has done a lot of damage which will take years to undo.

Reputation: NLUO reached Jessup semis. Getting good internships and placements.

Overall: Go for NLUO.
Yeah, Chhattisgarh has so many Naxal areas that we live inside underground bunkers. Fyi the college is 15 minutes away from an international airport. Plus, we have an extremely well-established infrastructure, unlike NLUO where the girl's hostel gets washed away during the rainy season. Oh also, that's a lot of big talk coming from someone who doesn't even have a library ;)

The CG government provides crores of rupees to HNLU which is why the college is well run and has a cash surplus. The yearly outlay for library books is probably more than NLUO's yearly revenue.

VCV has already reversed "years of damage by Sukhpal", don't know which world you are living in but denial surely won't help.

Reputation: NLUO gets two or three Tier 1 placements, on the other hand, HNLU gets fifteen plus. I think that's enough to prove the reputation. Looks like going to Jessup doesn't help much because you guys are still going to be unemployed lol. HNLU has more law firm Partners than NLUO has Associates.

Overall: HNLU is better than NLUO in every aspect and everyone in the law school fraternity knows that, it's just some trolls who are unable to accept this. Stop misleading people and try to compete with someone in your own league like Symbiosis, Amity, CNLU. I imagine the inferiority complex must be really tough but that doesn't mean you around spouting baseless facts.
GLC has more law firm partners and senior lawyers than NLS. Does that make it a better college? I hope you aren't a lawyer yet with that level of argumentation. Comparing an institute established in 1977 with an institute established in 2003 speaks volumes about the rapid growth and potential of HNLU. When HNLU is also 45 years old, we'll see who stands where.

Every HNLU student can get into SLS but every SLS student can't get into HNLU :p In fact, they can only dream about it. Jiska kahin nahi hota, uska SLS hota hai, don't you ever forget that.
I’d say HNLU has a stronger alumni network and a better library.The new VC is also making positive changes not just on paper,but in reality too.But not much separates the two tbh.If placements are a priority,I’d say HNLU trumps NLUO just by the sheer number of students placed.NLUO has a great mooting culture though.It’s a personal choice and tbh you wouldn’t be making a mistake by joining either of these institutions.
HNLU is way better than NLUO on all terms when it comes to reputation in the job market.Secondly,HNLU has this culture of startups, judiciary and Private practice,for instance,every batch has on an average more than 20-25 selections in judiciary, excellent practice (quite a lot of AORs) and about private placements,everyone gets it,unless you have been extremely poor in your academics.HNLUites are packed in AZB, amarchand etc.You can check this with anyone who is working in these firms.In terms of establishment also,this university is first generation of Nlus.Rmlnlu,NLUO came much later into picture.
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 129-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 46-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 114-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.