Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
So ? You have to be exceptional or in a SC Justice's words, "a creative wonder". Nepotism, yes, but being or not beinf exceptional is not something one can complain about.
Even if one starts from good chamber - Senior Advocate? I plan to make somewhere like that, and then go independent after a few years.

The way y'all say, it doesn't even make sense for a first-gen to get into litigation.
Go no further than the latest round of recos for SC elevation. A certain potential "first" woman CJI is being considered for only one reason.

It's a pity. Someone like Gita Mittal, J. would have truly done justice to the post of CJI.
Almost all those who did make it were either exceptional or married a judge’s daughter
Nepotism does exist, yes. But have people made it as first-gen lawyers, also yes.
Someone here said it erodes after 5-7 years, it doesn’t. It’s almost impossible for a first gen to become a senior in Delhi (except if you’re exceptionally talented).
Class structure: Nepo kids>JGLS kids> Bright NLU alumni>Not bright NLU alumni>Bright TLC/Symbi/other alumni>Not bright TLC/Symbi/other alumni
Are you talking about the website Bar & Bench? They are nepotistic in the sense that they cover up scams at certain NLUs.
Is the bar to make into litigation really almost impossibly high? The stories I hear around discourages me a lot. It sounds so much like Bollywood's nepotism. Is it really that worse for a first-gen litigator?