Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
To those who have worked / are working at Verist, what is the work culture like? The Managing Partner seems quite nice looking at her LinkedIn posts, but I'd like to know from insiders about how the culture actually is.

There was a post on LinkedIn by her last week that the firm is expanding and looking to hire capmarks lawyers. I'm inclined to apply as the culture at my tier 1 is pretty bad. Also, it would be great if someone can share what the pay is like. Will I be taking a big hit from my current T 1 salary? I'm okay as long as it is sufficient to sustain a minimal decent lifestyle once wfh ends. TIA!
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Sure, Verist pays decently. The MP is a nice and fair lady. But it can be very weird. Verist isn’t very organised. Working there is kind of like freelancing. Not recommended.
I've been interning at Verist for nearly two months now. The firm seems to have a very healthy work culture with no unnecessary hierarchy in the delegation of work. All the Partners seem friendly and are always reachable. The quality of work seems to be highly diverse and interesting, considering that the firm works with high-profile clients all the time.
I have been thinking of Interning there as well. Can you share what are the "highly diverse" work that you get?
Personally, I would like some Caps Market, M&A and PE/VC work- Can you confirm?
The culture at the firm is quiet understanding, the partner who has established the firm has "been there and done that" thus, during my stint I was never forced into doing something or asked to work at weird timings unless it was urgent and even in those cases, I was always asked whether I was free and countless occasions during my stint, I was not available due to genuine reasons and the members of the firm had absolutely no grudge against it. So, overall the firm is empathetic towards everyone. Yes, indeed there are difficult days when the work load increases but I assure you its never the partners imposing crazy timelines, in those cases its actually the client having some tight deadline and even such cases, the partner would make a point to stretch it as much as she can. Further, the I can assure you that the Partners here are genuine as humans, they won't flaunt their knowledge just relying upon their experience, if they are unsure about something, they make the effort to ask and know more about that. So rest be assured, no cocky comments at how great a Partner is! I can't comment on the salary front though, but in general it's a good place to be in and I would any day choose Verist over any other firm solely because of the dynamics of the firm and the partners.
decent work, good name clients, smart people -but lacks formal systems and tech.
often formal systems and tech look fancy but are not exactly pro-associate so surprising but not complaining.
Hey, thanks for your inputs! And anyway, MS Word, Manu and SSC are all the tech we lawyers need for the most part.
Can someone also please share if the firm has a decent PE/VC, Gen-corp and M&A practice, or is it only into Cap Marks? They seem to have a junior partner who is into PE/VC, and M&A, but all their deal updates are on cap marks. THanks!
I have only worked part-time with Verist, but I can definetly say that they do have a very healthy working environment and they pay ss per market standards
What do you mean by the 'market standard' renumenration? Any idea about the approximate amount for an A0?
Exactly. Market standard sounds so vague. I've noticed Verist putting out recruitment posts with salary as "market standard". Market standards vary from a Crawford odd doing cap marks deals paying freshers 20-25k till a azb cam Sam paying 100-110k. What's verists market standard?
Depends on circumstances but around 70K per month. This is years ago though, based on someone who worked there for a bit.
they are into m&a. see the linkedin posts of MP and on firm page. mid-size deals they represent big companies and also a unicorn or two. they were into a lot of start-up m&a long before and now seem to be back but have not broken into funds-side yet.
Thanks! Yes, I did have a look. Razorpay seems to be a regular client. I feel representing companies in PE deals as always more fun than working with investors, though you don't get paid as much.
Any idea about the recruitment process for the freshers? And also what is the pay like?
If you are joining directly monthly 60-70k is what they pay for full time and on part time basis 20-30k, until one fine day you are asked to leave or you leave.
Yes, the above salary break-up and descriptions are true and were offered to atleast certain pupil. If need be, proofs can be furnished.

There are a lot of β€˜things’ but it is just that I do not wish to wash the dirty lenin in public.
Frankly, this is not a best place to know about the culture. A few people including the people at the firm will sing praises while most people who had terrible experience will share their bit. While both are correct from their perspective, yet the reader and genuine feedback seeker would be in dilemma.

The best course of action for review on any place is to conduct independent due diligence about the place, for instance taking to few past employees, analysing the attrition/retainer rates, looking at the deals etc.

Don’t rely on words in anonymous platform by any side, for one always gloat their story.